Is there a cake recipe you refuse to share?

Reaction score
Sometimes you read about people who have an excellent cake recipe that they just want to keep a secret! Have you ever kept a recipe a secret from other people - or do you know anyone who has? I've shared all of mine.

Reaction score
Nope. I am an open book. I am all about sharing recipes. I've been fortunate enough that my family has all passed their recipes down to me. (And my grandmother had an amazing recipe collection!) Why keep it to yourself, ya know? If the cake is that good, you should want to share your recipe so others can enjoy it as well! :) I always share, just ask!
I can't think off of the top of my head any of my friends or family who don't share recipes. I do recall being at a party once and commenting on a dessert. The hostess said something along the lines of "its a secret recipe." But I wasn't really asking for the recipe, I was just saying it was good..but I'm not so sure she would have given it to me if I asked.

Ask a Question