Kitchen Cutlery

Reaction score
Hello!

I need a couple of new cutting knives for the kitchen.

My main use for these knives will be cutting up veggies, and probably slicing bread.

I'd like to have one 3-4 inch knife and one 6-9 inch knife.

I have a couple already, but they are old now, and the small one is serrated so I cannot be sharpened without ruining it....it is my favorite knife. The longer one is thin and came from the dollar store, and it doesn't sharpen well or stay sharpened when I am able to get it decently sharp.

I would like them to be in the $10.00 to $20.00 range. Something that is made out of stainless steel, not flimsy, and will last for a long time without sharpening. I would also like BOTH of them to be serrated, as those work well for my uses.

Does anyone have any brands that would fit this description? Possible for sale on ebay or online at a respectable seller?

Would appreciate any suggestions, as there are so many brands out there, I don't know which ones would work best for me.

THANKS!!!

Reaction score
I have a cheap Victorinox veg paring knife that stays so sharp it's unbelievable. I hardly ever sharpen it. Not sure if that's a brand that's available in the US though? It's not a serrate knife though, I only use serrated for bread. The Victorinox range is pretty extensive though, I'm sure they would do serrated.

Reaction score
I have a cheap Victorinox veg paring knife that stays so sharp it's unbelievable. I hardly ever sharpen it. Not sure if that's a brand that's available in the US though? It's not a serrate knife though, I only use serrated for bread. The Victorinox range is pretty extensive though, I'm sure they would do serrated.

Thanks, yes, that brand came up on the list of "affordable good quality knives".
I will see what I can find!

THANK YOU!!

Ok, just ordered a serrated paring knife off ebay for $3.00!
If I like it, I will order the 7" serrated one as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello there! I like cooking, so I often buy new kitchen equipment. I checked and bought equipment in different shops. But my friend recommended me to buy here where I bought good knives. I used them twice. I am pleased with my purchase.

Reaction score
Ah brilliant, I'm glad it's a brand you can get over there! Hope you like them :)

I got my little paring knife in the mail this past weekend. It's nice! Hard blade too! Not flimsy like the other brands. I used it to slice cherries in half this weekend. I can say, even with something as effortless as that.......I really did'nt even feel the knife going through the cherries at all! I mean, I saw the knife go through them, but I did'nt feel ANY hesitations at all, and it cut CLEAN through with no shards or strands off the cherry!

Color me severely impressed so far!:D

Ask a Question