Lacey Cookies

Reaction score
I bake a lot of cookies. However, Lacey cookies are the one type of cookie I CANNOT seem to get the hang of. The last time I tried to make them, they ended up in the garbage because they tasted and looked weird. I've tried two different recipes and both times they came out wrong. :(

My husband loves these cookies and I would love to surprise him with a homemade version. Sadly, it's just not working for me. If any of you have an easy recipe for these cookies, that would be great. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong with these cookies! Has anyone else had trouble with these? Maybe they're just too delicate of a cookie for me to make, lol. Anyway, I would love some suggestions on how to make these properly! Thanks!!

Reaction score
To be honest, I have no idea what a Lacey cookie is, but now I have to find out! I hope it's one I can actually eat, it sounds like it should be good.

Reaction score
I actually didn't know what a Lacey cookie was, either until I went to Philadelphia to visit my husband's family. I'm from Texas, he's from Philadelphia and there are a lot of northern foods that I don't know about. I fell in love with these cookies. The only place I've found them around here is Whole Foods (Dallas area), but I know they are a lot more popular up north. This was also the same trip that I learned what a tomato pie was. I tried it and I lied to my husband about liking it. I actually hate tomato pie and finally admitted it to him a couple of months ago.

Reaction score
I'm in WI I thought that was more than far enough north, I have never heard of tomato pie or lacey cookies but I think if I was going to try one I'd go for the cookies.

Reaction score
Definitely go for the cookies, haha. I think tomato pie is a Pennsylvania thing if I remember correctly. I think I looked it up once and it said that it originated in Philadelphia or something. Needless to say, I really don't like tomato pie. It's supposed to be eaten cold and...no. My husband loves it (he grew up eating it) but I just can't do it. I tried it and it just wasn't my thing. The lacey cookies are wonderful though. I first had them at a bakery outside of Philadelphia and they really are great. I thought they would be really easy to make but after trying my hand at them, I feel like they are an impossible cookie!

Reaction score
Well if they are impossible, I HAVE to try it, and I will keep trying till I get it right. It's just this thing I have. I should first fine one already made though so I can try it so I know what I'm trying to achieve.

Ask a Question