Lemon Bars

Reaction score
lemon bars stacked.jpg
I'm still not entirely sure what I'm going to make for Easter dessert, so I've been glancing around the internet. Lemon bars have always been one of my favorite light and refreshing treats, so I'm considering using this recipe to make some for Easter Dinner dessert. The ingredients are pretty standard to most baking households. If I get out and about and am able to pick up some heavy cream this week, I'll have everything I need.

Lemon Bars Recipe

Reaction score
Wow, the list looks so long, but the ingredients are very easy t get and some of them are already in my kitchen :) I have never tried making lemon bars, but this is definitely one of the things I want to try making once i move to my own place.

Reaction score
My mother in law makes these and they're so good! I love citrusy desserts, it's that freshness and zingy flavour that really draws me in! I feel like because of that they just don't feel as heavy as other desserts, and I like that I can have something sweet without necessarily feeling like I've eaten a pound of sugar, you know? :)

Reaction score
I love lime, as well, @ChesterV. I've never tried making them with lime, but I'm sure they'd be delicious with regular or keylimes. I didn't end up getting to the store for the heavy cream, and since I've got the seasonal junk from the excessive pollen, I used up all of my lemons with honey in hot tea. Now that the warmer weather is here, though, I'll be making a lot of fruit treats, and these will definitely be on my list.

Reaction score
I was wondering if you got going with this recipe @Diane Lane. I hardly ever have lemons. I actually have two lime trees so the limes would be better for me. I keep wondering if I'll ever get to make any kind of cake with my limes.

Reaction score
I was wondering if you got going with this recipe @Diane Lane. I hardly ever have lemons. I actually have two lime trees so the limes would be better for me. I keep wondering if I'll ever get to make any kind of cake with my limes.

Ooooooooo.......you gimme an idea for another thread!!!!!!:D

Reaction score
@Winterybella No, I can be sick for months at a time, especially this time of year, and I've been using all of my lemons (and honey) in hot toddies. I'm hoping to pick some more up soon, though, and it seems the allergies and bronchial issues are abating somewhat, so hopefully I'll be back baking again soon.

Reaction score
These are so good. I love this tart like bars and the lemon filling is yummy. I have eaten these but never made them myself or seen someone in Serbia making them. I ate them on Malta and Victor was a pastry expert so he was all alone in there and just now I realize I forgot about that guy since I saw him 4 years ago. Just as I saw these his face popped in front of my face and I could make a drawing of him :) Great bars!

Reaction score
Actually I have never try baking lemon bars and I am only buying it in my favorite bakeshop. I am usually baking brownie bars most of the time but this one I do not have the right recipe to start with. I had checked already the recipe that you had posted and like what they had said the ingredients are easy to find and the procedure are simple. I will check if I can try this one. Thank you for sharing the recipe. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm still under the weather, so haven't been doing much baking, but in Spring, my thoughts always turn to lemon bars. I love the light sprinkling of powdered sugar on top, it gives just the right amount of sweetness to the tart filling, as @djordjem87 mentioned. I'm so glad @djordjem87 that they conjured up memories of time spent with your friend. That's one thing I love about baking. Baking and cooking have always been big in my family, so there are happy memories attached to every recipe.

Reaction score
I'm still under the weather, so haven't been doing much baking, but in Spring, my thoughts always turn to lemon bars. I love the light sprinkling of powdered sugar on top, it gives just the right amount of sweetness to the tart filling, as @djordjem87 mentioned. I'm so glad @djordjem87 that they conjured up memories of time spent with your friend. That's one thing I love about baking. Baking and cooking have always been big in my family, so there are happy memories attached to every recipe.
Yeah, good times. A great chef. I just love lemon curd like recipes and I was making a small cake filled with lemon curd and I also used it in stuffing cannoli and yes baking is in my family as well and my best memories are actually related to kitchen and baking. Today my girlfriend asked me to make her some croissant because as she said, "You are into this and you have more experience, I will make some cookies." So, yeah. I love to prepare food.

Reaction score
I have actuallly never liked lemon bars! I always thought they were the worst! However, recently, my fiance mentioned wanting some, and I have actually started craving them, very randomly! Looks like i'll be making these for him soon, and giving them another try!

Reaction score
These really seem like a light and fluffy option for the morning. I know that I have heard of lemon bars being paired a lot with blueberries, and I have to say that this is very appealing to me, so working that in there would have to be an option for me. These sounds like a great start though, so thank you for that.

Ask a Question