Lemon Polenta Cake

Reaction score
I was given a recipe for Lemon polenta cake but I have not tried it yet as I'm not familiar with polenta in cakes, has anyone used polenta to bake with?

Reaction score
I believe polenta is a type of corn meal, so in a cake, it will be dense. I have not tried it, but I bet it would be fun to experiment with

Reaction score
The polenta caught my eye in your title. Yes it is corn meal so I am trying to imagine sort of a lemon flavored corn muffin. I bet the sweetness of the corn meal and the lemon may be a great compliment.

Reaction score
Same here, polenta in a cake recipe grabbed my attention. I have seen polenta as an ingredient of many Italian dishes, but never in a sweet (or salty) baked food, cake or cookie.

I believe your cake will have a different texture if compared with those baked with wheat flour or even those flourless, but definitely sound appealing to give it a go.

If in doubt, you may try to cut the recipe in half to see what the consistence is. I usually make use of this online calculator to get my recipes adjusted to my needs, http://www.fruitfromwashington.com/Recipes/scale/recipeconversions.php

Ask a Question