Looking to buy a home

Reaction score
This is not about cooking or baking at all, so great off topic material!! We are looking to buy a home and we just scheduled our first tour. Anyone have any tips or pointers to share from your buying experiences?

Reaction score
Take a notebook with you and jot down any thoughts you have. This is especially helpful if you end up seeing a lot of different places - they all start to muddle together in your mind when you look back!

Good luck! Buying a house is a rollercoaster of emotions!! ;)

Reaction score
Thank you very much. We have looked at 6 already and have another 6 scheduled for this weekend. We already have come up with a lot of ideas for the perfect home...but I do not think we will get everything we want. I think the most nerve wraking part right now is getting the finacing situated!

Reaction score
Think about which "must haves" are really deal breakers. It's not likely that you'll find every single thing that you want in one house, unless you have a custom house built.
Even when I was apartment hunting, I had to decide whether I could live without certain things in order to live in my favorite neighborhood.
In the end, I decided that being close to my daughter's school, my favorite shops and the dog park is more important than having a walk in closet.

Reaction score
The first and foremost piece of advice that I can give you is to not fall in love with a house until you've signed your closing papers. In addition to that, try to look at houses that are in the middle of your price range instead of ones that are at the top of your price range.

Ask a Question