Nestle cookies vs home-ade cookies

Reaction score
Which do you prefer? My family always buys those nestle cookies from the supermarket that we put in the oven and they come out melted deliciously!

Reaction score
Nestlé or Pillsbury packaged dough is the way to go. My husband likes making homemade cookies but I think they taste more like flour then a cookie. I also like to decorate sugar cookies.

Reaction score
Homemade, definitely! You can put in as many chocolate chips as you want. Seriously though, a homemade cookie can be as sweet, as crunchy, as moist and as healthy as you like.

Reaction score
Nestle cookies are awesome and my family extremely loves them, but I'd always go with the homemade ones definitely. Knowing that I made them and put so much love in them makes me really happy, especially when I see my family eating them and enjoying the taste.

Reaction score
I go with homemade!

I usually make a double batch and then freeze at least half of the dough. That way, I get the convenience later of having pre-made dough that I can toss in the oven whenever I want. It's much cheaper and just as easy!

Reaction score
I really like the Nestle cookies! I don't buy the roll. Instead I buy the bucket where you can scoop the dough out and make the cookies as big as you want! I've never baked homemade cookies but I have had some before from a friend. They were okay but not the best I've had! I'm gonna stick with buying Nestle until I decide to make some cookies.

Reaction score
I love the Nestle ones, but I would probably also go with homemade. They probably don't taste quite as good as the Nestle, but I like putting in the effort to doing all of it myself :)

Reaction score
Nothing like making it yourself just the way you want and spicing things up with extra stuff like cinnamon. Like LetThemEatCake says, they're not going to taste like Nestle. Personally, I think, however, that they will taste better than Nestle. Seriously, make your own variety and have it become your new favorite with your favorite ingredients.

Reaction score
Homemade cookies are for me. I tried the cookie dough rolls before, but I just do not like them as much as making them from scratch. The rolls are ok if you are in a hurry.

Reaction score
Even though nestle cookies are great, and will do in a pitch when you don't have the time or ingredient to bake from scratch, they will never be as good as home made. Nothing beats a homemade cookie baked from scratch.

Reaction score
Homemade are my favorite as long as they are chewy/soft. I am not a fan of crunchy/hard cookies. I've found that adding peanut butter to cookies helps to make them moist and softer. I do like the bricks of chocolate chip cookies that Nestle comes out with but I don't use them much anymore especially since getting my mixer for Christmas. I'm sure my husband appreciates that!

Reaction score
I like the Nestle cookies but of course I get more actual cookies when I make them from scratch. The recipe I use from a cookbook makes 3 dozen and I think you only get one dozen from the Nestle break and bake cookies.

Reaction score
Which do you prefer? My family always buys those nestle cookies from the supermarket that we put in the oven and they come out melted deliciously!
I love to make homemade cookies but sometimes I just don't have the time. I purchase the cookies in the chilled section at the grocery store and they are delicious! I like to keep them on hand anyway for just a quick dessert after dinner. The kids don't normally like to wait the length of time it takes to make them from scratch. :)

They are both delicious!!

Danyel :)

Reaction score
I don't think you can really beat fresh, tasty homemade cookies...if you have the time, it really is worth it to put in a little extra effort that extra amazing cookie payoff ;). But sometimes you just don't have the time or the motivation and in those cases there's nothing wrong with popping some nestle cookies in the oven...can't get much more convenient and they come out pretty good as well.

Reaction score
Homemade cookies is definitely the way to go! When I make cookies, I like to put extra chocolate chips, and I like to mix up the recipe to see how it turns out. It's also better to make from scratch when you have children or grandkids, the interaction while measuring, mixing, decorating and putting the cookies on the sheet is something they will remember. The Nestlè Toll House recipe is by far the best one to go by. Perfect every time!

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with those cookies, they don't sell them over here, at least not the nestle ones. They sell other brands of similar cookies that you just need to bake.

From a health related point I must say home made is way healthier. After all those cookies nestle sells are very processed.

Reaction score
You get way more cookies when you make them from scratch as opposed to buying the premade dough logs. I think I have only bought the premade dough once and was not too impressed with the outcome. As much as I love baking, I also like getting as much bang for my buck as possible.

Ask a Question