Ritz Cookies

Reaction score
For Christmas, my good friend made me a bag full of homemade goodies. She made peanut butter fudge, dipped pretzels, sugar cookies and ritz cookies. I asked her what a "ritz cookie" was.
She explained that she put peanut butter between two ritz crackers and dipped them in chocolate.
I was hesitant to try it at first, but once I took a bite of it, it was delicious! The crackers gave the cookie a salty crunch while the peanut butter and chocolate gave it a very sweet flavor. I really enjoyed them!
Have you ever made ritz cookies before? Have you ever used crackers to make cookies?

Reaction score
Ritz cookies are my favorite Christmas time treat. They are super easy to make. I always use that baking chocolate you melt in a sauce pan, I forget what it is called. Maybe Bakers Chocolate? They only come in the regular chocolate or the white chocolate. I wish I could make the Ritz cookies in dark chocolate..

Reaction score
Ritz cookies are my favorite Christmas time treat. They are super easy to make. I always use that baking chocolate you melt in a sauce pan, I forget what it is called. Maybe Bakers Chocolate? They only come in the regular chocolate or the white chocolate. I wish I could make the Ritz cookies in dark chocolate..
I had never heard of ritz cookies before! When my friend told me about them, I thought she had just made it up. :) I'm glad to know other people make and enjoy them! They definitely seem easy enough to make. There is no baking involved! Doesn't get much easier than that! I definitely thought they were delicious! Oh wow! Dark chocolate would be amazing! That is a fanatastic idea!

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing such a great idea. I agree with the poster above: smlewis00. It doesn't get any easier than not doing any baking. Ritz cookies sound delicious. This is yet another idea I need to try.

Reaction score
I've had that recipe pinned on my Pinterest board for ages but I haven't tried it yet. I think it's a genius idea.

Reaction score
I guess I'm really behind because I've never heard of this. I would like to try it though and the instructions are super easy to follow. It's amazing how some things are so simple but you just don't know they exist.

Reaction score
I have never heard of Ritz cookies. They do sound delicious. My mom used to make Nilla Waffer cookies when I was a kid. She used Nilla Waffers to make a peanut butter sandwiches dipped in chocolate.

I'm going to tell my mom about this Ritz alternative. We just might make some this weekend.

Reaction score
Wow, I never thought of Nilla wafer cookies! I am going to try that, next time I make the Ritz cookies. Anyone who has not tried the Ritz cookies, yet, let me warn you. They are highly addictive!

Reaction score
I've heard of them before but like you I've been a little hesitant to try them. I guess I see what you mean about the salty/sweet balance, though. It's not that I absolutely wouldn't try them, I just haven't gotten around to yet.

Ask a Question