Sending baked goods care package

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sending my boyfriend some baked goods and gifts. I was wondering if it would be possible to send chocolate chip cheesecake cookies. If not what are some good ones?

Reaction score
I'm looking to send some baked goods to a friend of mine in Michigan,I live in Tennessee and wonder what would be good to send ? should I do the overnight shipping ? or what could I send with out the added expense for over night shipping,a letter usually takes 4 days and I'm not sure as what to try,any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Nashy! :)

How long will the transit time be? I would have thought that as long as you package them up properly then they would be ok. My thoughts would be an airtight plastic container, well padded inside with paper towel, should do the job.

Reaction score
Thank you! It'll probably be 2-3 days. I just wanted to make sure:) I'll be sending him different types of cookies but those are the ones I make best and wanted to make sure it'd be okay to send those seeing as they contain cream cheese in the dough. Thanks a bunch!

Reaction score
This time of year there will be a lot of baked goods on planes and trucks. :) Its always fun to send homemade gifts through the mail. I have done it for years. Sometimes they get there in AOK shape and sometimes they get there late and yucky but its all good because I've made someone smile either way.

Reaction score
Fingers crossed it goes ok! You want as little air in the container as possible, so try and find one that only just fits them in. Good luck! :)

Reaction score
We used to send cookies to a family member that was deployed overseas (military service) and honestly we never had any problems, and packages took about a week to 10 days to get there. We used to just seal them in zip lock bags and squeeze out as much air as we could, and then just try and pack the box with something soft too so that the cookies had a bit of padding around them (no one wants a box of smashed up cookie crumbs!)

Reaction score
I haven't mailed goodies in a while, but I used to make huge batches of Christmas butter cookies and ship them. I've never done anything too soft or that would potentially get squished, but I am considering making up a batch of hermits or half and halfs for my Mom and shipping them to her.

As long as the cheesecake doesn't need to be refrigerated, it should be o.k., but I'd definitely send it as expeditiously as possible, which can get expensive. I always package my items in freezer zipper bags or Tupperware type containers, then box them up with padding surrounding the items. There's a box to tick on the form stating that the items are perishable.

Reaction score
I've decided I'm going to try and send some lemon pie,chocolate chip cookies and some French Bread,maybe a loaf of sandwich bread too

I'm going to get some of the cheap air tight containers for the pie and over night ship them,which should mean 2 days ;) any other ideas on what to send ?

I'm going to wrap the bread in cling wrap and foil and a bread bag,if I have any,I haven't bought any bread in a while,so i'm short on those lol

I don't refrigerate a pie,so it should be good when it gets there,hopefully :) I usually just leave them in the pan and put it in the micro wave to keep the cooties away and it keeps pretty well,I do cover it with cling wrap,but it doesn't stick to well to my non stick pan either :)

i figure at worst she won't be able to eat the pie and the bread will be molded,but the cookies should survive :)

oh will Banana Bread keep ?

Reaction score
I haven't mailed goodies in a while, but I used to make huge batches of Christmas butter cookies and ship them. I've never done anything too soft or that would potentially get squished, but I am considering making up a batch of hermits or half and halfs for my Mom and shipping them to her.

As long as the cheesecake doesn't need to be refrigerated, it should be o.k., but I'd definitely send it as expeditiously as possible, which can get expensive. I always package my items in freezer zipper bags or Tupperware type containers, then box them up with padding surrounding the items. There's a box to tick on the form stating that the items are perishable.

I was actually thinking of butter cookies. Those are my absolute favorite, and I'd definitely love sharing them with my loved ones, they would definitely be the ones I'd choose to send to my fiance abroad right now :) I might actually do the same thing with my mom soon when I am abroad again.

Reaction score
I was actually thinking of butter cookies. Those are my absolute favorite, and I'd definitely love sharing them with my loved ones, they would definitely be the ones I'd choose to send to my fiance abroad right now :) I might actually do the same thing with my mom soon when I am abroad again.

I think it's important to take into consideration how the goods will fare during the shipping process, before deciding what you want to send. I shipped many things over the years, and I stuck with the butter cookies because they were dense and held together well. Even if one or two broke, most stayed intact, and they tasted really good, didn't get stale. I have been really busy with the shops, so haven't done any baking lately, but might try to get a package of them off to my Mom either right around Christmas, or probably afterwards, since the last day for shipping (with guaranteed Christmas day delivery) is coming up soon. I'm sure your fiance would love the cookies or whatever else you decided to send, and so would your mom. I've shipped fudge and other more delicate items, but those are more costly to send, since they have to arrive more quickly.

Reaction score
I ship cookies in tins every Christmas. After quizzing the recipients I've tweaked my packaging methods over time:

- I put a plain soft tortilla shell in the bottom of the tins (helps keep cookies soft)
- I wrap bundles of cookies of same type in double layers of plastic wrap and then place in the tins
- I use a couple pieces of packing tape to make sure the tin lid doesn't pop off in transit
- I use a ton of filler around the tin in the box I am shipping in, bubble wrap, those air filled bags, tissue paper, whatever I have on hand. Both underneath, around the sides and on top of the tin before sealing it up.

Since I'm shipping during winter months it is nice because the trucks etc. the packages are on are not heated usually, so they stay pretty cold. Not always possible though, I know.

Ask a Question