Simple Bread that is fun to make with friends and family

Reaction score
Use your favorite dough recipe or if you are short on time, check the refrigerated section of your local store or Market. We have a chain in California called "Fresh and Easy" market and they sell packaged white, wheat, rosemary etc. fresh dough that is inexpensive and quite good.

Roll out your dough and prepare the toppings that your "crowd" likes...Simple toppings like slivered onions, mushrooms or peppers. Of course you can add cheeses, but have your crowd help design your bread. Whether you roll it like a pizza or fit it in a greased pan, you can simply brush the dough with olive oil, seasonings to taste and add cheese or not and your veggies. One that I have gotten rave reviews on is simply brushing the dough with a infused olive oil concoction I make the night before (olive oil, crushed garlic and italian seasonings) add slivered onions across the surface and sprinkle with a light dusting of parmesan cheese.

Reaction score
I like your suggestion of using olive oil infused with garlic and Italian seasonings along with the onions and Parmesan cheese. I would change it up a bit and add Jamaican seasonings instead. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Reaction score
It certainly sounds very good. I think that olive oil, italian seasonings, onions and cheese would make great toppings. When I make garlic bread I always sprinkle italian seasonings on top of it too. It turns out great.

Reaction score
I like your suggestion of using olive oil infused with garlic and Italian seasonings along with the onions and Parmesan cheese. I would change it up a bit and add Jamaican seasonings instead. Thanks for the suggestion! :)
Ha...I have some Creole seasoning that I keep handy. Love the color it adds to the surface. I used to use a bit of Paprika just to make it look pretty, but the Creole does the trick. What is the make up of Jamaican seasonings?

Reaction score
It certainly sounds very good. I think that olive oil, italian seasonings, onions and cheese would make great toppings. When I make garlic bread I always sprinkle italian seasonings on top of it too. It turns out great.
Thanks Shellyann....How can you go wrong with the cheese too. Its sort of my quick Foccaia, but the fun part is experimenting and seeing what your gang likes. Whatever is left goes into a zip lock and I catch mine dipping it in milk and eating it as a snack...If there are leftovers that is.

Reaction score
Thanks Shellyann....How can you go wrong with the cheese too. Its sort of my quick Foccaia, but the fun part is experimenting and seeing what your gang likes. Whatever is left goes into a zip lock and I catch mine dipping it in milk and eating it as a snack...If there are leftovers that is.

Oh yes I could see my hubby inventing even more toppings for his. Have you ever tried pepperoni on yours? I bet that would work too!

Ask a Question