Evenly Sprinkling Yeast for Bread Making

Reaction score
Thank you for chiming in, I appreciate it very much.

My yeast is fresh, been through 7 packets now. All a no go. I just had a friend over who perused the instructions and knows me well. She is going to attempt the bread this weekend for me. I'll watch your video soon, rather tired now from catching up with my friend after a month long absence because her son was in a terrible accident, thank you very much for chiming in. My friend is no "baker" but feels confident she can make this. We will see, I appreciate her and your input.............ty.

Reaction score
I think you are using liquid that is too hot altho it could be the salt (or even both) that is the problem.
@Apocalypso mentioned keeping the salt separate and this is prolly the least discussed cause of a product not rising.
Does not happen every time but is worth exploring when you are having a yeast issue.
Salt can and will draw the moisture from yeast cells causing them to collapse.
It pretty much depends on how much contact there is so I have just gotten used to adding the salt after the bloom has finished and most of the flour has been added (the shaggy stage works for me).

The tip re using your eyes instead of the clock is important as well.
Sometimes it seems to take FOREVER for the dough to double so don't give up when the timer goes off!
I have total faith that you can do this!!!

Ask a Question