Super Awesome Blueberry Muffins

Reaction score
I was never a huge fan off muffins until I had these. I substituted the milk for .. I don't even know anymore. I did find them more moist without the milk. I also used a streusel topping instead of the one in the recipe. The muffin turns out so moist and the colour is amazing (inside).. we also tried it with raspberries which was even better. We switched it up a lot with this one, it was my favourite base.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/To-Die...uffins&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

Reaction score
I have never been a muffin fan, so you caught my interest in saying you like it. I do like fruit and particularly raspberry anything. I think sometimes when we experiment we do stumble upon some good things. Thanks for the recipe for the starter mix...the rest I will take your advice on and improvise!

Reaction score
I admit, not being a fan, I don't have much to compare it to and I did switch it up a bit in the ingredients.. let me know how it goes if you try it! :)

Reaction score
I'd love to try these! Especially with raspberries, because those are a favorite in my family! I've been trying to be gluten free, so I'm sure I could switch up the recipe to make it GF friendly :)

Reaction score
I'd love to try these! Especially with raspberries, because those are a favorite in my family! I've been trying to be gluten free, so I'm sure I could switch up the recipe to make it GF friendly :)

Oh I'm a blueberry fan, but these were way better with raspberries.. kids preferred blueberries. So good. Let me know what you come up with, I miss these and would love to come up with a gluten free version. Have you ever had a gluten free baked good compare to the gluten version? I haven't yet, I'm starting to lose hope lol.

Reaction score
Oh I'm a blueberry fan, but these were way better with raspberries.. kids preferred blueberries. So good. Let me know what you come up with, I miss these and would love to come up with a gluten free version. Have you ever had a gluten free baked good compare to the gluten version? I haven't yet, I'm starting to lose hope lol.

I know I've tried a few things with gluten free flour, but at the moment I can't remember what they were! I think I made GF cookies, which were delicious. I highly recommend King Arthur Flour gluten free flour. It bakes just like regular flour and I use it a lot. I go on Pinterest and search for gluten free desserts...just haven't gotten around to making a lot of them because I don't want all that temptation! LOL! We made gluten free waffles last weekend using Bisquik gluten free pancake mix and they were so yummy! I couldn't tell any difference and you can buy the mix on Amazon since it's kind of hard to find in stores. We live in a rural area so I depend on Amazon for a LOT!

Reaction score
I love muffins, I'll have to give these a try! I'm sure there are a few options for subbing out the milk....and nice that it came out a good colour ;).

Reaction score
I love muffins, I'll have to give these a try! I'm sure there are a few options for subbing out the milk....and nice that it came out a good colour ;).

Let us know how they turn out if you sub the milk! I'd like to know :)

Reaction score
My husband reminded me I subbed the milk with water. This recipe was pretty hard to mess up actually lol.

Reaction score
I know I've tried a few things with gluten free flour, but at the moment I can't remember what they were! I think I made GF cookies, which were delicious. I highly recommend King Arthur Flour gluten free flour. It bakes just like regular flour and I use it a lot. I go on Pinterest and search for gluten free desserts...just haven't gotten around to making a lot of them because I don't want all that temptation! LOL! We made gluten free waffles last weekend using Bisquik gluten free pancake mix and they were so yummy! I couldn't tell any difference and you can buy the mix on Amazon since it's kind of hard to find in stores. We live in a rural area so I depend on Amazon for a LOT!

I've heard of that brand before, I'll have to give it a try. We tried the Bob's AP flour and it was disgusting. I did make a pretty good sugar cookie with coconut flour, but we had to choke them down lol. I'll see about King Arthur though, thanks!

Reaction score
Kinnikkinnick makes an awesome gluten free pancake and waffle mix! We have found it is the best out of the ones we've tried.
It has a yummy vanilla taste and my daughter and I actually prefer it to regular mixes! That is saying a lot since it is soooo hard to find
gluten free ones that taste good!
Have you tried it? We can find it at our Roseauers and if not there we use Amazon too!

Reaction score
I've heard of that brand before, I'll have to give it a try. We tried the Bob's AP flour and it was disgusting. I did make a pretty good sugar cookie with coconut flour, but we had to choke them down lol. I'll see about King Arthur though, thanks!

You're welcome! :) Yeah, I'm not a fan of coconut flour...I made coconut flour tortillas using a paleo recipe and they had to be choked down as well LOL! I love flour tortillas so much and sometimes have to break the GF rule and have one! My FIL is hispanic and makes the most AMAZING homemade flour tortillas. They are my kryptonite!

Reaction score
Kinnikkinnick makes an awesome gluten free pancake and waffle mix! We have found it is the best out of the ones we've tried.
It has a yummy vanilla taste and my daughter and I actually prefer it to regular mixes! That is saying a lot since it is soooo hard to find
gluten free ones that taste good!
Have you tried it? We can find it at our Roseauers and if not there we use Amazon too!

Ohhh I'll have to order that. I love *anything* vanilla! :) Sounds yummy!!

Reaction score
Very yummy!!! :) They don't turn out as fluffy as "regular" pancakes - but then nothing gluten free does. At least not that I've found! LOL
You will have to let me know what you think about them if you end up ordering. :)
We had a great "health food" store near our house - that is until last year. The owner retired! :( We were so sad because sometimes we could find things there that other stores didn't carry. Now, we really only have one isle in our grocery store and another grocery that carries "specialty" items - but they cost more there! Sigh! :) That would be the ONLY reason I wished I lived in a bigger city!!! LOL

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion mommy42, I'll have to look into that one too. My husband makes a great pancake recipe. We have them all the time. No idea what's in them, maybe I'll ask and post it. I never used to like pancakes.. I'm not into cakey things.. they were too thick and bready for my liking. So these are just right for me.. thinner and not bready at all. We went through quite a few before this one turned out.

Reaction score
You're welcome! :) Yeah, I'm not a fan of coconut flour...I made coconut flour tortillas using a paleo recipe and they had to be choked down as well LOL! I love flour tortillas so much and sometimes have to break the GF rule and have one! My FIL is hispanic and makes the most AMAZING homemade flour tortillas. They are my kryptonite!

Tortillas are my weakness! I miss them so much.. you can do anything with them! I used to make them all the time and now they're just evil little things in comparison lol. My husband makes an alright tortilla now (I'm starting to think he's got this gluten free thing figured out lol), but still not being flour tortillas I haven't had them all that often. I'm pretty over the bread thing actually.. I only miss it when I think of how convenient and yummy my faves used to be. Otherwise, I only eat GF bread when I have poached eggs.. I never need it otherwise.

Reaction score
I'm not a big bread person either. I feel like I get too full when I eat bread and then I can't eat anything else!
My family thinks it is kind of funny because they all love sandwiches and I can take them or leave them! But,
that being said - I could eat a hamburger on a bun any day! Not sure why - maybe the bun is different!

I have a bunch of gf tortillas in my freezer for future use and we've never used them! I don't actually have to eat gf - I do it because my daughter was diagnosed
with an intolerance a few years ago. It was hard for her to adjust so I did it with her so she didn't feel so alone.

Reaction score
I'm not a big bread person either. I feel like I get too full when I eat bread and then I can't eat anything else!
My family thinks it is kind of funny because they all love sandwiches and I can take them or leave them! But,
that being said - I could eat a hamburger on a bun any day! Not sure why - maybe the bun is different!

I have a bunch of gf tortillas in my freezer for future use and we've never used them! I don't actually have to eat gf - I do it because my daughter was diagnosed
with an intolerance a few years ago. It was hard for her to adjust so I did it with her so she didn't feel so alone.

That is so sweet of you! I try to be gluten free as much as I can because it helps with my thyroid symptoms. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease last year, and not eating gluten helps keep all of the yucky symptoms at bay...and I honestly just feel BETTER when I'm not eating gluten. But it is hard...sourdough bread is one of my faves!! We went to the coast a month ago and I had to have clam chowder in a bread bowl nearly everyday I was there!! ;)

Reaction score
Very yummy!!! :) They don't turn out as fluffy as "regular" pancakes - but then nothing gluten free does. At least not that I've found! LOL
You will have to let me know what you think about them if you end up ordering. :)
We had a great "health food" store near our house - that is until last year. The owner retired! :( We were so sad because sometimes we could find things there that other stores didn't carry. Now, we really only have one isle in our grocery store and another grocery that carries "specialty" items - but they cost more there! Sigh! :) That would be the ONLY reason I wished I lived in a bigger city!!! LOL

Just typed "Kinnikkinnick" into Amazon and so many options popped up! And they all have 5 stars! Can't wait to make an order! :)

Reaction score
Yay!! I hope you enjoy it! :) I really do think they make the best pancake/waffle mix around! :)
I love getting stuff on Amazon too because you can read real reviews from people.
I love sourdough bread too! That is one kind of bread I could eat a lot of!!!
Let me know what you think when you try the mix!

Ask a Question