Tea or coffee?

Reaction score
I can't remember if there was a thread on here for this already, but I haven't seen it, so here goes... Feel free to delete!

Do you prefer tea or coffee?

I've been drinking coffee for about a year and now I really love it. I've never drunk tea before and have never wanted to either, until today... So i'm about to go and make my first tea ever...

Anyway, what do you prefer?

Reaction score
Definitely coffee. Coffee is my drug and I always have a cup of coffee in my hand. When I don't have my caffeine buzz, I get flu like withdrawal symptoms.
I love coffee and I'm physically hooked on it.

Reaction score
That's the same as me! But i've heard that tea lasts longer and makes you feel better for longer.

Update on my first tea experience, I think I made it a bit too sugary/milky, but it tastes a lot better than I expected!

Reaction score
Coffee by a mile, in fact I have some brewing right now!

Although I do also drink tea, usually black tea with milk and sugar. I don't like restricting myself in these sorts of things ;)

Reaction score
If I have to do either, I prefer mine iced. I prefer ice tea, then iced coffee, then hot tea and lastly coffee. Also it makes little sense but I drink tea (hot or cold) sweetened-no milk, iced coffee sweetened and milk and hot coffee, milk and no sweetener. People have known me for years and cannot remember the hot-cold, sweetener/milk combo and quite frankly I can't explain it myself. (only one weird side note...the first time I had milk and sugar in tea I was young and thought it tasted like a moth [note: I had never tasted one] and I NEVER put milk in tea again.

Reaction score
OMG yes to iced coffee and tea. I don't ever add milk to my iced tea but sweeten everything.

The summer I discovered adding condensed milk to both sweeten and cream simultaneously nearly did me in. SO delicious... but SO caloric. Still, I go through a tin now and then still :)

Reaction score
Wow Z.....Condensed Milk...eww that is decadant but I am sure it is good. Well don't fret...this summer was enough to make us all do a few things we didn't plan on.

Reaction score
I like coffee, but tea is so soothing and long lasting that it is definitely my favorite. Coffee is good at giving me an energy boost before I go out in the morning, but having a couple cups of tea during the day keeps me in a relaxed mood.

Reaction score
I prefer coffee without a doubt. I'm a coffee addict. It doesn't matter if it's cold or hot. Usually, I start my day with a coffee, then have few cups in between meal.

Reaction score
Depends on my mood.Sometimes I start the day with tea and have a break in the afternoon with tea and cake. If I have a busy day ahead I grind my own beans and make a big pot of coffee.

Reaction score
I prefer tea instead of coffee. I like black teas or any of the traditional herbal teas that we drink here in Jamaica, such as ginger tea, cerasee (say ser-see; the 'a' is silent) tea, peppermint, mint tea, or my favorite, chocolate tea, which is made from chocolate balls made from pounding and grinding roasted cocoa beans in a mortar and pestle. I sometimes drink coffee but it has to be Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee. I can't satnd the after taste of the other types of coffee. I also like my coffee with sugar and lots of condensed milk, too :) And by the way, in my house, you can never have enough condensed milk.

Reaction score
I like either one. Coffee is perfect if you need to wake up or get "regular". The only bad thing is I wouldn't drink coffee before bed, decaf or not. Tea is great in the mornings, during the day, and right before bed. There's nothing like a warm cup of tea, right before you hit the sheets, to give you a good night's sleep.

Reaction score
I prefer coffee without a doubt. I'm a coffee addict. It doesn't matter if it's cold or hot. Usually, I start my day with a coffee, then have few cups in between meal.

Yep, me too. I can drink coffee cold or hot and drink several cups all day long.
The only coffee I don't like is decaf. I don't see the point of decaf.
80% of the reason I drink coffee is the effects. If I wanted to be sleepy, I would drink milk.

Reaction score
Yeah, decaf is pointless unless you're specifically trying to stop drinking coffee all together and wean off of caffeine.

Reaction score
Drinking too much coffee caused me hyperacidity. I have to stop for couple of days before I can drink again. I tried tdrinking decaf, but it's not working. I mean the taste is so different. No matter how much I put, It's still not the same.

Reaction score
I prefer coffee, but only Iced coffee. I love iced coffee especially this time of the year. Hot coffee for some reason is not as good to me. Hot coffee seems to have a stronger taste to me. I haver never been a tea drinker. I don't like tea hot or cold.

Reaction score
Let's not forget about hot chocolate, y'all. And chai (yeah, I guess that's a tea as well, but it's different enough I think of it as a separate beverage).

Basically I love all warm beverages.

Reaction score
Of course! Hot chocolate is great too. I rarely drink that though nowadays... A friends band has recently made coffee, but i'm yet to try it.

Ask a Question