Temperature factors and DDT

Reaction score
I’m making donuts and I wasn’t sure where to post this.

Should I count my egg and fat as Temperature factors? Ya know sometimes the egg is colder or maybe I want to heat up my shortening to loosen it up a bit. They definitely should be factored in the DDT equation right?

Reaction score
I’m making donuts and I wasn’t sure where to post this.

Should I count my egg and fat as Temperature factors? Ya know sometimes the egg is colder or maybe I want to heat up my shortening to loosen it up a bit. They definitely should be factored in the DDT equation right?

yes, the temperature of all the ingredients, the room temperature, and the friction heat together determine the DDT, which is the target temperature of the dough after it is mixed.

After you calculate your DDT, you will know the required water/liquid temperature. Make the eggs and fat the temperature required for the water/liquid.

If your eggs and fat are colder/hotter than the liquid temperature, their temperature will increase/decrease the final dough temperature (DDT). So to hit your DDT, you must control the temperature of all the ingredients.

Reaction score
yes, the temperature of all the ingredients, the room temperature, and the friction heat together determine the DDT, which is the target temperature of the dough after it is mixed.

After you calculate your DDT, you will know the required water/liquid temperature. Make the eggs and fat the temperature required for the water/liquid.

If your eggs and fat are colder/hotter than the liquid temperature, their temperature will increase/decrease the final dough temperature (DDT). So to hit your DDT, you must control the temperature of all the ingredients.
Thank you

Ask a Question