Using Rosemary or Sage in savory baking

Reaction score
Okay folks - need your collective ideas/help!

We have a TON of rosemary and sage growing in our garden right now. I mean - they're literally overgrowing the space they're in. I'm constantly having to trim them back. I guess it's a positive since they're growing so well...but I need ideas on how to use them up!

I was wondering if you guys have any yummy ideas to include rosemary or sage into savory goodies? Throw those recipes my way!

Reaction score
Make your own "infused" cooking oils!

http://www.epicurious.com/archive/holidays/hanukkah/flavored-oils

These are awesome for gifts too!!!! Just be sure to put a sticker on the bottom or a fancy hanging label on the bottle with instructions to keep them in the fridge and how long they are good for.

flavored-cooking-oils.jpg

Reaction score
There is always home made dried herbs. This also works well for gifts to people who cook at home a lot. Of course dried herbs can be stored in many different ways and last a lot longer than flavored oils or fresh herbs.

9-360x240.jpg

Reaction score
If you like Italian foods, you can make a LOT of Italian sauces with your fresh herbs and freeze them in heavy duty freezing containers! For me, Italian sauces go with just about anything I eat!!!! MMMMM

This includes Pesto's, Alfredo's, and olive oil dipping sauces as well.

And again, home made Italian sauces make super awesome gifts for people who love Italian or for people who cook at lot at home.

72b24f326968620376b22f1e03d437c2.jpg

Reaction score
Rosemary and Sage work well in these kinds of dishes:

Stuffings
Casseroles
Quiches
Baked chicken
Fried Eggs and Ham
Scrambeled Eggs and bacon
Omlettes
Home made crusty breads/rolls
Crepes filled with seafood with cream sauce
Cheese biscuits with herbs
Make your own croutons
Cheese logs or balls, rolled in dried herbs

Hmmm, thats all I can think of this early in the morning.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@ChesterV all brilliant suggestions! I've made infused oils before and they do seem to be a hit - especially since things like that in stores are just so expensive! They're always in the fancy gourmet sections which seems to just be a reason to make it cost a small fortune!

I will need to hang some up to dry, too. I really like the picture you shared of the herbs all tied up and drying - it actually looks quite beautiful (and functional, too!)

Ask a Question