What are we baking today?

Reaction score
As for the recipe, I used

http://hostthetoast.com/philly/ (And variated it as I cooked - a little of my own "magic" if you will.)

For today, I made a banging load frenchbread boats (Garlic bread with cheese, and not the little pizzas!)

Reaction score
I am not baking today over for the last couple of days i've being yearning for the taste of lemon pie or a nice hot slice of raisin bread; i am looking forward to getting down to some serious baking over the weekend.

Reaction score
As for the recipe, I used

http://hostthetoast.com/philly/ (And variated it as I cooked - a little of my own "magic" if you will.)

For today, I made a banging load frenchbread boats (Garlic bread with cheese, and not the little pizzas!)

I like to add my own touches too. I do it often.

Mmm your French bread boats sound good. I threw together some cheesy garlic bread the other day for lunch, and it was good. I was thinking of making an open faced "broiled cheese" sandwich (instead of grilled cheese) to go with some homemade soup I prepared. So, basically garlic toast (on good bread) with a slice of tomato, topped with cheese and a sprinkle of oregano, and then broiled until the crust is crispy and the cheese is golden and bubbly.

Reaction score
That sounds so good Zyni, that I actually had my mouth watering. We're going to do "Soup and Sandwiches" as it's called. Toasted/Grilled Cheese and Variable "Soups" (My favorite being a hearty vegetable soup/stew with some milk. I'd like to try your method for open faces sandwiches and add a bit a spunk to it :D

Reaction score
That sounds so good Zyni, that I actually had my mouth watering. We're going to do "Soup and Sandwiches" as it's called. Toasted/Grilled Cheese and Variable "Soups" (My favorite being a hearty vegetable soup/stew with some milk. I'd like to try your method for open faces sandwiches and add a bit a spunk to it :D

They are pretty tasty. Even better if you have homemade bread. I am spoiled from my younger days to having freshly baked bread with homemade soup, so now it's what I crave. These are some of my favorite comfort foods.

Ask a Question