What do you do to make money online?

Reaction score
50k a year from selling is amazing! I am nowhere near that sort of level - my eBay selling just generates a bit of extra pocket money!! It would be incredible to bring in that kind of money just from online work!
I used to sell on Ebay and Amazon. I never made anywhere close to 50K!!! :0 That would have been amazing but also A LOT of work!!! I know some people that do it full-time. But, you really are running a business then and it isn't just a hobby anymore. The part I disliked was the shipping. Getting an item ready to ship - clothes were easy but breakables were more time consuming because you obviously don't want them to break in transit!! LOL!
I do lots of different things/sites to make money. Right now it is just pocket change. But I enjoy it. :)

Reaction score
I used to sell on Ebay and Amazon. I never made anywhere close to 50K!!! :0 That would have been amazing but also A LOT of work!!! I know some people that do it full-time. But, you really are running a business then and it isn't just a hobby anymore. The part I disliked was the shipping. Getting an item ready to ship - clothes were easy but breakables were more time consuming because you obviously don't want them to break in transit!! LOL!
I do lots of different things/sites to make money. Right now it is just pocket change. But I enjoy it. :)

I hear you about the shipping - even sometimes when you pack something perfectly you can still be at the whim of the postal service and how careful they are with handling everything!

Reaction score
@Winterybella How do you like WriteLearnEarn? I've seen Spike talking about it on various sites, and it sounds like a pretty stable site, unlike many these days.

I do some of the ones listed above. I normally participate in a few online juries, as well, but those seem to have dried up lately for some reason. I sell occasionally, which does help, but there isn't much that is steady, which is what I would prefer. It'd be great to be able to count on steady income from online sources. I do get the occasional focus group, which helps immensely.

Reaction score
I hear you about the shipping - even sometimes when you pack something perfectly you can still be at the whim of the postal service and how careful they are with handling everything!
Totally true! Although I'll have to say I was pretty fortunate over the years - I think I only had one thing break! But you kind of hold your breath until it arrives safely and you know it didn't break! LOL! I actually quit because a buyer decided it was ok to leave me negative feedback without contacting me to try to remedy it first. It broke my heart because until that point I had 100% - and it finally got to me that I didn't enjoy it as much anymore. So, it was time to leave :(

Reaction score
@Winterybella How do you like WriteLearnEarn? I've seen Spike talking about it on various sites, and it sounds like a pretty stable site, unlike many these days.

I do some of the ones listed above. I normally participate in a few online juries, as well, but those seem to have dried up lately for some reason. I sell occasionally, which does help, but there isn't much that is steady, which is what I would prefer. It'd be great to be able to count on steady income from online sources. I do get the occasional focus group, which helps immensely.
I actually have not written a single thing yet at

WritelearnEarn. All I do are some edits and they are pretty much up in the air when it comes to sales but a few of my edits were sold and I got a few dollars. This is all new to me so anything I get is appreciated.

Once I get my personal life in order, I should be able to put in a lot more work. Did anyone clear if we can provide a link so I can share mine? I would love to get a referral:). That way it feels like I am spreading the word which I would like to do.

Spike is super cool and unselfish when it comes to sharing information. The business is relatively new but very transparent and that says a lot. You should check out the Half Hog Forum and get to interact there. I highly recommend it.

Reaction score
Totally true! Although I'll have to say I was pretty fortunate over the years - I think I only had one thing break! But you kind of hold your breath until it arrives safely and you know it didn't break! LOL! I actually quit because a buyer decided it was ok to leave me negative feedback without contacting me to try to remedy it first. It broke my heart because until that point I had 100% - and it finally got to me that I didn't enjoy it as much anymore. So, it was time to leave :(

@mommy42 I had the same thing happen several years ago on eBay, and I asked them to fix it, to no avail. About a year ago, something reminded me of it, and I grumbled on Twitter, and lo and behold, along comes an eBay employee, who asked me to email her the details, and said she would look into it. Shortly after I did that, they removed the negative feedback, and restored my perfect 100% feedback.

Reaction score
I actually have not written a single thing yet at

WritelearnEarn. All I do are some edits and they are pretty much up in the air when it comes to sales but a few of my edits were sold and I got a few dollars. This is all new to me so anything I get is appreciated.

Once I get my personal life in order, I should be able to put in a lot more work. Did anyone clear if we can provide a link so I can share mine? I would love to get a referral:). That way it feels like I am spreading the word which I would like to do.

Spike is super cool and unselfish when it comes to sharing information. The business is relatively new but very transparent and that says a lot. You should check out the Half Hog Forum and get to interact there. I highly recommend it.

I did see the Half Hog forum, and that it was his, and related to WriteLearnEarn, so plan on joining, once things slow down and I can knock out some of my backlog here. It's good to hear that a few of your edits have sold. I do see myself heading in that direction over there, as he seems to be someone good to work with, and now that I know you're there, that's even better.

Ask a Question