What is your favorite breakfast recipe?

Reaction score
Why is it your favorite? Is it because it is the easiest? The cheapest? Or maybe because it is the most extravagant thing you can make, that makes it your favorite? I would love to hear what everyone has to say! My favorite would have to be biscuits and gravy. I rarely have them but when I do, I love them alot!

Reaction score
I love sour dough pancakes with chocolate chips. We had them every Saturday morning without fail. On Friday night my dad would let me help mix up the sour dough and I remember stirring and stirring to get all the lumps out. It was always such a treat to wake up to the smell of them on Saturdays and know we were in for a delicious breakfast.

Reaction score
Being born and raised in the south, I love biscuits and gravy!! I also like making French toast.

Reaction score
I can think of so many different tasty breakfasts and it all depends on the mood I'm in that morning. Sometimes I feel like cereal, some days it's pancakes, other days it biscuits and gravy, but the one I eat the most is bacon and eggs. It's funny because growing up, I hated eggs and now I eat them all the time.

Reaction score
My sister-in-law shared a recipe for a breakfast casserole with me several months ago and that has definitely became my favorite go-to breakfast. I like it because it is a big enough recipe to feed a lot of people and it is also very good to eat as leftovers.

Reaction score
Sometimes i have regular "breakfast food" for breakfast, and some days I will just eat a sandwich, or something simple like that. One of my favorite breakfast sandwiches is toast with tomatoes and cheese. Sometimes, i add a scrambled egg, so I guess that makes it a little more of a breakfast meal.
I enjoy having the traditional breakfast of eggs and hashbrowns if i go out for breakfast; but I seldom make that at home. the closest i come to that is making a microwaved-baked potato and have an easy-over egg, or a boiled egg with it.
Meat has become so high priced that I seldom can afford to have it at any meal anymore, since I am a senior citizen and only a meager SS income to live on.

Reaction score
Since I need to watch the carbs, I sometimes do a breakfast pizza using eggs for the crust. I pour the scrambled eggs into a deep dish pizza pan and let them cook until they set. In the meantime, I crumble sausage and brown it. When it's done, I mix in some chopped onion and bell pepper and let them cook until they are slightly softened. That mixture goes on the egg crust, and is topped with grated cheese (I prefer sharp cheddar), Then it's back in the oven long enough for the cheese to melt.

Reaction score
Since I need to watch the carbs, I sometimes do a breakfast pizza using eggs for the crust. I pour the scrambled eggs into a deep dish pizza pan and let them cook until they set. In the meantime, I crumble sausage and brown it. When it's done, I mix in some chopped onion and bell pepper and let them cook until they are slightly softened. That mixture goes on the egg crust, and is topped with grated cheese (I prefer sharp cheddar), Then it's back in the oven long enough for the cheese to melt.

I have made something similar to this. Though because I'm not watching carbs, I used biscuits for the crust. It is really good, though I don't have it that often. I need to get a new pizza pan so I can make it again. I used a roll of biscuits, and I stretched them into the pan. (Making 'patches' as needed) Then I poured the egg over it (Which I believe was two) Then I put whatever meat topping I have at the time, on top of that. Then it goes at the oven at about 350 degrees F.

Reaction score
Though, now that I think about it I think I know of an alternative. Especially for someone watching carbs, fat, and cholesterol. You can use muffin tins (or a deep dish like montgomerguy) Then use only the egg whites. That way you can avoid the problem of carbs from the bread and the fat and cholesterol from the egg yolks. To be honest, it's mostly like one of those egg white sandwiches minus the bread. I think that sounds like a fun eat. You could also probably just mix the toppings into the egg and bake it that way or bake the egg then take it out and put the toppings on. I suppose it would be your choice.

Reaction score
Egg and Pepper sandwiches. I saute some fresh green bell pepper in extra virgin olive oil with some sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, then add the scrambled eggs. I prefer a really gluten-y chewy and crusty Italian bread for this, toasted of course. Our local grocery store calls it "Sicilian Bread". Then I just assemble it with a slice or two of smoked provolone. I may even pop it under the broiler to melt the cheese if I have the time.

I also regularly make omelettes and poach eggs in tomato sauce and serve over toast too.

Lately I've been on yet another "home fries" kick, experimenting with different techniques. One of the things I've been doing now is taking leftover baked potatoes and scooping out the insides (carefully) then rough chopping them into chunks, tossing in melted butter and seasoned salt, and baking in the oven at about 400-425 to let them get golden brown and crispy. They take longer overall with this method, but the home fries are much less greasy and it would probably work well when making them for a larger group instead of frying batches of them in a pan.

Reaction score
Egg and Pepper sandwiches. I saute some fresh green bell pepper in extra virgin olive oil with some sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, then add the scrambled eggs. I prefer a really gluten-y chewy and crusty Italian bread for this, toasted of course. Our local grocery store calls it "Sicilian Bread". Then I just assemble it with a slice or two of smoked provolone. I may even pop it under the broiler to melt the cheese if I have the time.

I also regularly make omelettes and poach eggs in tomato sauce and serve over toast too.

Lately I've been on yet another "home fries" kick, experimenting with different techniques. One of the things I've been doing now is taking leftover baked potatoes and scooping out the insides (carefully) then rough chopping them into chunks, tossing in melted butter and seasoned salt, and baking in the oven at about 400-425 to let them get golden brown and crispy. They take longer overall with this method, but the home fries are much less greasy and it would probably work well when making them for a larger group instead of frying batches of them in a pan.

I got really into home fries for a while. I tried different ways of fixing them. I did a thing where I would steam them a little first then I'd fry them. My healthier alternative was to just let them bake with some olive oil on them. Either way was really good. I would try different types of things to eat them with. Though usually I'd be so hungry I'd eat them plain with other stuff that was already seasoned.

Reaction score
I like deluxe hash browns. Though it is fattening, I like to cook the potatoes until they are brown on all sides before adding onions, peppers, and sometimes mushrooms. There is an herb mix I like to add but often garlic, peppercorn blend and salt will do just fine.

To top off, I go with Ranch dressing or shredded sharp cheddar.

Reaction score
I love cheesy hash browns along with some biscuits and gravy. This has been my favorite for quite some time now. I call it a comforting breakfast.

Reaction score
Stuffed cheesy hashbrowns and waffles for me. I am not much of a breakfast cooking person so we usually go out to a restaurant to have a nice breakfast on special occassions.

Reaction score
I like deluxe hash browns. Though it is fattening, I like to cook the potatoes until they are brown on all sides before adding onions, peppers, and sometimes mushrooms. There is an herb mix I like to add but often garlic, peppercorn blend and salt will do just fine.

To top off, I go with Ranch dressing or shredded sharp cheddar.
That sounds really fancy. I'm a fan of cheesy potatoes, so I might try to make them this way. Did you invent the recipe or find it on a website?
Do you use exact measurements or just wing it?

Reaction score
That sounds really fancy. I'm a fan of cheesy potatoes, so I might try to make them this way. Did you invent the recipe or find it on a website?
Do you use exact measurements or just wing it?
I pretty much use the palm of my hand and call it a cup. Sometimes I'm in a pepper mood or I may add bacon instead of mushrooms so, yes I do wing it:D.
I started making this recipe when my ex-fiance moved in as he did not like pancakes or french toast. My logic was that it was not only savory but filling so he was happy for the moment:rolleyes:.

Reaction score
I love a chezzy eggs casserole with all the veggies and meats in it. Its quick and easy.

Reaction score
I love challah stuffed (usually with cream cheese) french toast. I used to only get it when I would go out for breakfast, but started making it myself. It's very easy (I always have the ingredients in my house) and always a hit. Sometimes I like to add a little something extra to it and drizzle with a homemade blueberry or strawberry sauce.

Reaction score
I make salty pancakes (flour, milk, eggs and a large pinch of salt) which I eat with fresh tomatoes, dried herbs (thyme, rosemary and a tiny bit of oregano), ricotta cheese, a dab of creme fraiche and sliced cucumbers, I eat this with lots of fresh fruits. I sometimes replace the ricotta with Camembert or Grano Padano (I have to really brush my teeth well afterwards).

Reaction score
I like making breakfast pizza you use hashbrowns as the crust. Then scrambled eggs as a topping. Next you sprinkle crumbled bacon on top followed by some cheddar cheese.

Ask a Question