What is your favorite cookie?

Reaction score
My favorite to make are probably chocolate chip cookies. They're just so simple and (mostly) fool proof and a guaranteed hit no matter where you're taking them. My second favorite would have to be homemade girl scout samoas... basically a shortbread cookie covered in caramel, dusted with toasted coconut and drizzled with chocolate! They're kind of a pain to make because of all the steps (melting the caramel, toasting the coconut, melting the chocolate, making the actual cookie, etc) but they're ALWAYS a huge hit and they're my favorite cookies to eat lol.

Reaction score
Of course, my favorite cookie is the chocolate chip cookie! I've been baking them since I was little and I don't think any other cookie could replace how delicious they are when they come out of the oven and the dough is nice and soft with the melted chocolate chips inside, yummy! They're also so versatile, good with ice cream, milk, alone... However you want it. They're also simple to make and convenient for any age.

Reaction score
Mmmm! My favorite cookie is that moist banana cookie. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? My grandmother makes them and she lost the recipe so I'm desperate to find out how to make them. I like the moist pumpkin cookie version too. Other than those two, I am crazy about chocolate chunk and pecan cookies.

Reaction score
When my kids were small they loved Snickerdoodles. Something about the cinnamin and sugar they are rolled in before baking. Treeca 86 is my daughter,, and she does love anything homemade. I will have to do some cookie baking this week it looks like. She just spent four days in the hospital so she deserves a treat.

Reaction score
When my kids were small they loved Snickerdoodles. Something about the cinnamin and sugar they are rolled in before baking. Treeca 86 is my daughter,, and she does love anything homemade. I will have to do some cookie baking this week it looks like. She just spent four days in the hospital so she deserves a treat.

That's sweet of you. I've been to the hospital many times and they don't feed you very well or feed you enough. So, cookies are such a treat for someone who just got out of there.

Reaction score
S'mores in Graham cracker sandwich with chocolate bar bits. I put the marshmallow on top of the cracker and then stick them (two of those) in a toaster oven that preferably has a control for which side gets hot because I only want the marshmallow toasted and not so much the cracker. It will puff up in size, then turn golden-brown, then singed. Then I take them out and sandwich a piece of a chocolate bar with them.

It does too count as a cookie! And baking!

But for "real" baking, I can't seem to find the recipe for Hershey's chocolate chip cookies that used to be on the back of every chocolate chip bag. I loved that recipe because the cookies would be a little gummy, neither chewy nor crunchy.

Favorite cookie for eating, now, that's definitely the ginger snap. Make it so hard that I can feel the bones in my skull rattle with every bite. Marks & Spencer ginger snaps is my favorite for that, but I haven't been able to replicate the recipe.

Reaction score
S'mores in Graham cracker sandwich with chocolate bar bits. I put the marshmallow on top of the cracker and then stick them (two of those) in a toaster oven that preferably has a control for which side gets hot because I only want the marshmallow toasted and not so much the cracker. It will puff up in size, then turn golden-brown, then singed. Then I take them out and sandwich a piece of a chocolate bar with them.

It does too count as a cookie! And baking!

But for "real" baking, I can't seem to find the recipe for Hershey's chocolate chip cookies that used to be on the back of every chocolate chip bag. I loved that recipe because the cookies would be a little gummy, neither chewy nor crunchy.

Favorite cookie for eating, now, that's definitely the ginger snap. Make it so hard that I can feel the bones in my skull rattle with every bite. Marks & Spencer ginger snaps is my favorite for that, but I haven't been able to replicate the recipe.
Honestly I've still never had a Smore, and I feel like I'm missing out on something wonderful. Interestingly it seems like Cadbury's has started making smore chocolate bars, somewhat although they don't come with the marshmellow inside, just the salted cracker in the midst of chocolate. I never thought something so weird could sound so delicious.

Reaction score
Honestly I've still never had a Smore, and I feel like I'm missing out on something wonderful.

Technically, so am I because I've never had the full experience of roasting the mallows over an open fire and then sandwiching them in Graham crackers, in some clearing in a pine tree forest out somewhere with bears... we always forget the crackers, and my family prefers campfire hotdogs anyway, I'm like the only one in my family with a sweet tooth!

But just in case you'd like to try them in a more civilized way... toaster ovens are great! :)

Interestingly it seems like Cadbury's has started making smore chocolate bars, somewhat although they don't come with the marshmellow inside,

What the...but how...They can't call it s'mores, then...??

just the salted cracker in the midst of chocolate. I never thought something so weird could sound so delicious.

Ah, maybe the cracker imitates the I guess kinda salty flavor of a roasted marshmallow? I like salty sweets, too, like sea salt caramel, or even a bit of salt over a really sweet slice of watermelon or pineapple. The salt brings out the flavor more.

Reaction score
I don't think they actually call them Smores Ellyn, it's just what I've taken to calling them when I saw them one night, and only had twenty pence to my name and was desperate for something sweet. It tastes so weird, and honestly if I'd known it was a salted cracker I probably wouldn't have picked it up that first time, but I just assumed it would be an unsalted Ritz cracker, you know?

Reaction score
My favorite cookies are chocolate cookies, and sugar cookies. Although I prefer the chocolate over the sugar cookies, because the sugar gets to me sometimes, but the chocolate chip cookies are always so soft, and chewy and I could never resist that even if I tried.

Reaction score
My favorite is probably fresh out of the oven Chocolate Chip cookies. The buttery and chocolate taste is just so delicious.

I don't think Oatmeal cookies get enough love though. When made properly, they can be very delicious. Sugar cookies, when done right, can be amazing too. Brownie cookies are very good too. There are just so many different tasty cookies, it's hard to pick one.

Reaction score
I don't think Oatmeal cookies get enough love though. When made properly, they can be very delicious.

Too true. For some reason, though people will insist on adding raisins. I prefer oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips or peanut butter chips, with or without nuts. Even any other dried fruit would be fine. I have nothing against raisins, I just never saw why raisins are almost always the thing in oatmeal cookies.

Reaction score
Too true. For some reason, though people will insist on adding raisins. I prefer oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips or peanut butter chips, with or without nuts. Even any other dried fruit would be fine. I have nothing against raisins, I just never saw why raisins are almost always the thing in oatmeal cookies.
I'd imagine it has something to do with oatmeal/museli often having raisins in it as the first ingredient. Some people also add in things like apples or the like, but raisins are like, the go to addition for these things when when you're just eating them dry

Ask a Question