When next will you be baking and what will it be?

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of you situation, but you are strong and will find somewhere to live, smaller maybe, but at least you will have your own space. I know you are very sensible and that baking and cooking is what you enjoy and also saves you money. Ignore the psychic, things can change, but it's about being realistic too, I have found. I had to move back to my parents and don't have my own kitchen anymore, so I don't know when I will.
At least your parents love you and you are relatively safe while you get back on your feet. The relatives I'm staying with don't like me very much and they could change their mind at any moment and tell me to get out.

Reaction score
At least your parents love you and you are relatively safe while you get back on your feet. The relatives I'm staying with don't like me very much and they could change their mind at any moment and tell me to get out.

You will be in my thoughts. Unfortunately my parents have kicked me out a few times so it's not all that secure, but I do have friends that would take me in, so I understand how you feel. You are very strong as you have your child to think about too.

I did bake brownies today to take my mind off things while they were out, so I know what it's liek to have your own space and you relish each moment. Take care and Merry Xmas.

Reaction score
You will be in my thoughts. Unfortunately my parents have kicked me out a few times so it's not all that secure, but I do have friends that would take me in, so I understand how you feel. You are very strong as you have your child to think about too.

I did bake brownies today to take my mind off things while they were out, so I know what it's liek to have your own space and you relish each moment. Take care and Merry Xmas.
Thank you. You are very kind. I hope that you find a place of your own.

Reaction score
A psychic randomly approached me at a bus stop and told me that the next two years of my life will be the worst ever. I'm already upset and did not need to hear that. This is why I think astrology is bunk. How can the positions of the stars decide that I'm going to have two horrible years?

:( I'm sorry ACSAPA...I'm not sure if that "psychic" was rambling or just trying to be nasty, but nonetheless I'm sure there's nothing to it. There are too many variables to guess how the next 2 years of even 2 months of someone's life will be, much less by star positioning. I hope things start looking up for you very soon- you're a strong, resourceful lady...I'm sure 2015 will be better!

Reaction score
I want to bake a simple rock cake before the week has ended. Tonight I baked a chocolate cake and some rock cakes using whole wheat flour. The chocolate cake was fine except I did not like the finish on the top of the cake but the body was just fine.

I decided to use whole wheat flour for the rock cakes and knew it would affect the outcome. They are okay but not like the traditional rock cakes. Had I baked rock cakes with regular flour, they would have been gone in no time. The wholewheat will be around for longer:(.

Reaction score
A man, I wish I knew. After we got our electric bill last month my room mate and I kind of decided to avoid turning on the oven for as long as possible. So pretty much I might be waiting till spring :( When we aren't running heaters it will not be so bad to do a little baking.

Reaction score
That is terrible that a psychic would just randomly approach you and say such an awful thing to you, especially when you just lost your dream apartment. I wonder what the psychic would have told me if she approached me on the street. Did you say anything back to her, or did she say anything that you could do to make sure that the next 2 years would not be so bad?

Reaction score
I've got my eye on a raspberry cheesecake recipe to try soon, I've really been into raspberry flavour lately :D.

Reaction score
I am taking a break from all of the holiday baking right now. I still have some blackberries from the summer that I need to use up, so I will probably bake a pie with those. I also have been craving cherry pie, so I will probably get one of those made soon.

Reaction score
That is terrible that a psychic would just randomly approach you and say such an awful thing to you, especially when you just lost your dream apartment. I wonder what the psychic would have told me if she approached me on the street. Did you say anything back to her, or did she say anything that you could do to make sure that the next 2 years would not be so bad?
I told her "If everyone's life is predestined, then why would anyone try their best, knowing that it would fail?"

I'm choosing to stick with my faith in God instead of believing that the position of the stars will ruin my life for the next two years.

Reaction score
I told her "If everyone's life is predestined, then why would anyone try their best, knowing that it would fail?"

I'm choosing to stick with my faith in God instead of believing that the position of the stars will ruin my life for the next two years.[/QUOTE

Very sound logic ACSAPA. Keep holding to that well founded faith in the Almighty. Have you been able to bake anything yet? If so fine, if not, the year has only just begun so there is lots of time for baking.

I want to do something this weekend. Correct me if I am wrong but I remember you being quite good in the baking department and do lots of stuff from scratch? I hope to do something from scratch tomorrow. Bought a few random things that I normally don't use a lot like coconut flakes and Nutella. Wish me well.

Reaction score
You bought Nutella? In one of these threads , I posted an easy recipe for Nutella cookies that I found on Pinterest. When I find it, I'll post it again. I also had a recipe for easy macaroons that were basically coconut and 2 other ingredients.

Reaction score
You bought Nutella? In one of these threads , I posted an easy recipe for Nutella cookies that I found on Pinterest. When I find it, I'll post it again. I also had a recipe for easy macaroons that were basically coconut and 2 other ingredients.

I used the Nutella for a three ingredient cookie. Some were okay and some were off the mark but I believe I know what went wrong. My husband remarked that they were good and not as sweet as a cookie I have made prior. I used the entire bottle of Nutella but I could pick up one again to try the recipe you are suggesting. I like that the Nutella does have a lot of sugar. Are you back to baking?

Ask a Question