Why do you like baking?

Reaction score
We're all about baking on this forum and creating things, so I was wondering WHY do you like baking? What is the source of your passion for baking? I think for me is that I get to make people happy! I love when I make something good and everyone is smiling and enjoying the food. It makes me feel all warm inside. C: Eating is such a bonding experience! haha

Reaction score
I like to save money and have fresh food. I make everything from scratch and I find that very rewarding.

Reaction score
I find the creation process very therapeutic - I love seeing raw ingredients come together under my very hands. It's very rewarding to tuck into something knowing exactly what's gone into it and to know that it exists because of your own efforts!

Reaction score
I love being able to see and taste things I've created, knowing that they came from mostly very basic ingredients, and had it not been for my efforts, none of it would exist.. :) Baking makes me feel useful, and though I have more worth at a person, so to speak.. And I love seeing the look on my partners face when he realises I've been baking and there'll be leftovers! :D

Reaction score
I have never tried baking! But I do want to give it a shot. I'm scared to use our oven! I use it only to reheat pizzas! :D

Reaction score
I have never tried baking! But I do want to give it a shot. I'm scared to use our oven! I use it only to reheat pizzas! :D
But, you're in a baking forum. Aren't your posts in the baking forum going to be kind of empty if you never use your oven?

Reaction score
I like baking because it's another way of being creative, and I like eating sweets, and I magically alchemizing cake ingredients into a cake.

Reaction score
Pretty much all of the previous comments are why I bake. I love making people happy with my creations, it saves me money, it makes me feel like I'm contributing something to my household.

I could probably go on for hours about why I like baking but at the end of the day, it's just fun!!

Reaction score
I like baking, because cooking has always been hard for me. Baking is easier, because the recipes are more specific, and I like that you can play around with the dishes a little bit more than you can when you're cooking traditional meals. I've always had trouble cooking dinners and whatnot, but baking has always come natural to me. Plus, it's so much fun! During the holidays it is a family tradition on both sides of my family.

Reaction score
Baking for me is just enjoyment mostly. Of course you get the added bonus of your tasty creations, but for me it gives me a time to myself to just do something I truly enjoy. It gives me a chance to be creative or artsier or as "plain- jane" as I want to be at that point in time. It gives me the opportunity to be daring and try new things or play it safe and stick with what I know.

Reaction score
So are you on here for advice and tips to learn? I have gotten some really terrific ideas from other members. Just jump right on in and fire up your oven and start with something simple and tasty that you enjoy. If you want to try it then thats the only way to go about it, just do it. Good luck and hope you find your niche in the kitchen.

Reaction score
I am here for advice so that I'll learn what to do. I've tried to bake brownies and they turned out well. I used the ones on the box. I know that's cheating but it's a step, isn't it? The next time I will do everything from scratch! :)

Reaction score
It makes me feel like I've accomplished something. I enjoy it more than cooking. And of course I love hearing "Mom these are the best________"! :)

Reaction score
The endless combinations of ingridients and spices and the adventure of trying new things.. The enjoyment of others when they taste your creation. The intoxicating smells that slowly engulf the room and then linger well after the baking is complete. The tangible process and the steps involved. Everything leading up to the final crumb and the fullfilment thereafter. I believe these are the things that fuel my passion.

Reaction score
The endless combinations of ingridients and spices and the adventure of trying new things.. The enjoyment of others when they taste your creation. The intoxicating smells that slowly engulf the room and then linger well after the baking is complete. The tangible process and the steps involved. Everything leading up to the final crumb and the fullfilment thereafter. I believe these are the things that fuel my passion.

Yes!! Especially the smells!!! :)

Reaction score
Baking relaxes me. I love experimenting with new things, new ingredients, recipes. I love being creative and coming up with my own ideas for a specific cake or whatever. I also love the look on people's face when they taste what I have baked because then I know it was worth my time and effort :) ;)

Reaction score
Baking is something that I do for people. I tend to not bake for myself; I usually bake things if I want to surprise someone or to bring a smile on someone's face. Not only is it fun, but I also love when people enjoy the treat I give them. I get a warm feeling when I hear that they actually liked it, because I usually think that it would turn out less than satisfying.

Reaction score
The fist reason I like baking is , I have terrible sweet tooth. The other reason I like baking is because I love to experiment with new and unique recipes. The idea of being able to turn a simple brownie in to triple fudge mint chocolate brownie is pretty cool. Baking has so many possibilities it is had not to enjoy.

Reaction score
I don't know. There's just something about it that's fun. Being able to create all sorts of different things, decorating it, experimenting with different ingredients. Almost like an edible science lab.

Reaction score
I love the way it makes the house smell and the smiles on my families faces when I serve them something I've created.

Ask a Question