Why do you like baking?

Reaction score
I love the process of being able to create something delicious. I also love serving family and friends with things that they will love. Oh yeah...and I like eating.

Reaction score
We're all about baking on this forum and creating things, so I was wondering WHY do you like baking? What is the source of your passion for baking? I think for me is that I get to make people happy! I love when I make something good and everyone is smiling and enjoying the food. It makes me feel all warm inside. C: Eating is such a bonding experience! haha
For me, it is the joy of working with my hands, from the rush i get from creating works of art from a few ingredients , and from the satisfying sights and smells from baking.

Reaction score
I like to save money and have fresh food. I make everything from scratch and I find that very rewarding.
I think fresh is the best way to go. I try to bake and cook with fresh raw ingredients and the taste surpasses any processed food out there. It also doesn't take that more more effort then the processed food takes.

Reaction score
I like to bake because of the end product. I love to make people happy with food and it brings me pleasure knowing that I can make someone a delicious treat and it brings them some sort of happiness. :)

Reaction score
I like baking because it helps me relax. I also like it because I like to see my family enjoy what I worked hard to bake.

Reaction score
Baking helps relieve my stress. I bake when I am overly stressed out. Also, when I want to keep my daughter busy, I bring her in the kitchen and find a fun project to do.

Reaction score
I really on bake during two moments, when I'm really upset or when I'm crazy happy. When I'm upset it makes me blissfully unaware of my problem giving me time to calm down I guess. I listen to music and just go. I also enjoy the decorating process it makes me feel inspired and creative. Eating something that I've created gives me a sense of accomplishment. Growing up I've always had this idea of having my own family and teaching them how to bake and cook and I feel like I'm investing in that future when I cook/bake. It also forces me to be patient, which I need to be.

Reaction score
My number one reason for baking is that it is relaxing and I love the satisfaction I get looking and tasting the end result! The other reason is financial. It is much cheaper to bake than to buy sweets at the store.

Reaction score
I only started baking when I was looking for a certain taste and texture of chocolate chip cookies which I can't find in any bakeshop. I kept on experimenting at home until I got the right mixture and through the process, I discovered that it was so much fun.

I also do a lot of gifts during special occasions like Christmas that I personally bake. It is very helpful because then again I don't need to keep on thinking what to buy.

Reaction score
I like to bake because it reminds me of my ma. We used to bake a lot when I lived at home and I love Christmas for all the things we'd get to bake together! And I definitely can't resist tasting the batters! I always loved pulling down her cookbooks and trying recipes from scratch. Oh how I miss gas ovens, I have an electric one in my apartment and it's such a dreadful experience! I always burn what I bake these days!

Reaction score
I love baking because it brings me back to my childhood. It reminds me of my grandmother. The smells just put me in such a good mood. I think it's another for of showing someone how much you love them. That's why I love baking for my children. The whole process that goes into to it is also fun and adventurous in a way. From the time it's prepared, goes into the oven and then into to your mouth the whole experience is just a joy!

Reaction score
Baking is my way of entering peace, and staying there. My one daughter has a disability, and, cooking helps her ease her troubled spirit, and feel like she has done something, more than just fun. Cooking leaves her with the sense of accomplishment.. Cooking is a great way to also save money, and, right now I need to do more of that. I can save money, and feel better knowing, spending less never tasted so good.

Reaction score
I like to bake because it relaxes me and lets me bring out my creative side with new creations! Plus I am a huge foodie too :)

Reaction score
Our place always smells like something yummy because we're baking at least one big lot of things every day. So that helps gain a little trust from the kids we look after, as well as having something to help build trust over. Also, it's just delicious!

Reaction score
For me it comes down to the fact that even during a very bad day, I know that I can go into the kitchen and using ingredients I already have on hand, create something delicious. Flour, sugar, baking soda, eggs, chocolate...its all I need to feel a little more in control. I also love to see my husband's face when he gets home and sees a platter of fresh baked cookies or brownies. Like maybe his day just got a little sweeter too!

Reaction score
I find baking very relaxing. I love the way the yeast smells and how the bread, ect feels when I need it. It feels like something alive under my hands, and of course, it is due to the yeast in it. The wonderful smells the baked product fills the house while it is in the oven just makes everyone hungry. And of course, that first taste as soon as it is cool enough is heavenly. I do not bake as often as I did when my children were home but every once in awhile, I pull out the yeast and the flour and let myself go back to the days when my children were at my elbow wanting to know when the bread, rolls, ect would be done.

Reaction score
I like baking because it is a way to save money and show others you care. Taking the time to bake something from scratch for someone shows how much they mean to you. Time is money. There is also a sense of accomplishment and pride in being able to create something from nothing, especially in this microwave and its ready time.

Ask a Question