Why do you like baking?

Reaction score
My daughter and I were talking about this the other day and I had mentioned that I like baking more than cooking and she said it was probably because you mix ingredients together, put it in the oven and you are done. But with cooking you have the prep work and then you have to add this, cook that, etc.

I thought that was pretty insightful from a 14 year old! :)

Reaction score
I love baking as I find it very therapeutic and good for mental health (apart from when it starts going wrong!).

I enjoy giving my bakes out to people and feeling the sense of achievement and pride that I get from this.

I also like to share my recipes with friends and discuss with them my latest 'projects'.

Reaction score
I like the feeling of accomplishment I get when baking. I remember one time when I made lots of desserts for a thanksgiving party at work. Everyone loved what I made and I got lots of compliments. I felt so good after that that I decided to look for more recipes. I have quite the collection now.

Reaction score
I like to come up with combos of flavors, experiment, and then have people try it out. I also enjoy baking for charity events, just started to get into that this year. Regardless of the recipe, if I find it appealing, I will tackle it and try it.
Eh, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and I like to learn

Reaction score
I love creating things....and to be able to do that in a way that also nourishes people and makes them happy is an awesome thing. I also just really enjoy the process itself, mixing things & experimenting with different ideas.

Reaction score
I like trying new recipes out and seeing how they turn out. I usually eat them first before I let.anyone else try them. I like to see if I like It so that I will have a better idea if someone else will like it.

Reaction score
I grew up with a baker.. my grandmother. She used to put a chair next to her so I could climb on and help. My happiest times were with her in the kitchen. We were constantly cooking, but baking was my favourite time with her. To bake today brings me back to that feeling with her.. its like she's here with me :) It relaxes me and every little thing I make is with love. Cheesy, I know lol.. baking means a lot to me obviously :p

Reaction score
I think that's a,lovely memory to have. I have lots of good memoriesof cooking with my mom and my sister. Even today me and my sister still cook together. We always have lots of fun reminiscing about the past.

Reaction score
I just find it relaxing not to mention filling up the house with the scent of cinnamon and sugar is always awesome. It's also rewarding when you see people enjoy your work!

Reaction score
Baking just makes me happy, especially when my husband is in the kitchen with me, helping :) It gives us time to catch up and chat, while making something delicious for our kids. And anything homemade with love is better than anything store bought, that's for sure!

Reaction score
Baking recalls me my childhood days enjoying the smell for fresh baked bread that mom used to bake on a daily basis, and them my first baking adventures using my own magic oven, which was like this
mSD2OKzW6pnLck9L9BfgZtw.jpg
Today having my home smelling as in my memories bring me happiness and enjoy like crazy spending time in my kitchen all days.

Reaction score
I love making things with my hands and baking is one of the most rewarding things I can do. I love the precision of the ingredients and temperature all coming together to make something that others will enjoy. Its like creating a feeling you can eat.

Reaction score
The sense of accomplishment is what I love about it. The ability to say I made something and it was delicious. Food brings people together and to make anyone happy with just this little gesture. Just feels great to me and I wouldn't trade it in.

Reaction score
There are lots of reasons to like baking- for me at least. I'm a student so saving money is a necessity if I want to eat haha. I also like the taste of home baked puddings a lot more than store bought. Plus when I make a large batch of things, I invite others to share in my creations and it can creat a mini social invent- it brings people together. Plus it's always a pleasure to receive compliments on your cooking!

Reaction score
We're all about baking on this forum and creating things, so I was wondering WHY do you like baking? What is the source of your passion for baking? I think for me is that I get to make people happy! I love when I make something good and everyone is smiling and enjoying the food. It makes me feel all warm inside. C: Eating is such a bonding experience! haha
\

Baking is fun and relaxing for me. I feel a sense of pride when I see someone eating something I baked, smiling and clearly enjoying it. What a great feeling.
Another reason why I like baking is it tastes better when you do it yourself. Nothing you can by in a bakery or a grocery store can compare to something made from scratch.

Reaction score
Baking can be fun and relaxing!

When I am around my mom then it becomes that family time we have with one another. When I am around my girlfriend then it becomes that "oh so cute yet embarrassing lovey dovey time".

Reaction score
Baking something that my family raves about is such a gratifying thing because I am often not thanked for any of the other things that I do. I wish I could say that baking was so relaxing to me but I am just the opposite in that I am on pins and needles the whole time. I suffer from OCD and so baking seems to create more of a mess than I can handle and then there is the anxiety until it is done correctly. I know what goes in to what I am making though and that helps me keep things healthier for my kids and so while I may be a complete basket case every time I am baking, I am going to continue it for as long as I can. :D

Reaction score
Baking is therapeutic. It gets my mind off of worries and the final result is a delicious treat. This is a win-win in my opinion.

Reaction score
I love to bake, it is a great stress reliever. It also brings my family close together whether it is all of helping in the kitchen or them eating the final result, it is always a great experience.

Reaction score
I think baking fits the aura of the home and hearth. Good smells, warming the house and the joy of watching people enjoy your creations. I agree...a great stress reliever and you have something to show for it after.

Ask a Question