Bacon Cake

Reaction score
Just the name alone makes me cringe. As much as I don't like it and wouldn't eat it I am sure there are others out there that would devour that with no regrets. I just happened to be married to one of them, my husband would worship me if I were to surprise him with a bacon cake on his birthday or any day for that matter he just happens to love anything with bacon. Even if I loved bacon as much as him I just can't picture myself even being curious enough to taste something like that.
So would anyone be curious enough to even taste it or make something like that for their loved one?

Reaction score
I don't think so, it sounds too weird to me even though I do like bacon. I did just read about a birthday cake that sounds over the top bacon-y (the birthday girl was treated to a special cake made out of maple bacon, chocolate bacon, bacon bits, bacon jam and vanilla cake) but that combo just doesn't speak to me personally. Give me a chocolate cake any day and I am happy! I guess if my special guy really wanted it I would try to accommodate but I think I'd have to find some friends that were like minded to finish it off.

Reaction score
My husband is the same way. It's not something I would ever make for myself, but my husband loves it. He said what a great combination, he loves the sweet and salty mix. Although he's the same man who likes chocolate chip cheesewhiz sandwiches for the same reason lol. But I have recipe I found online a while ago that my husband loved. This was for cupcakes, but I'm sure if you were to cook it in a cake pan the batter would work fine for a cake too.

Bacon Cupcake recipe

12 slices of bacon
2 cups of flour
3/4 cup of cocoa powder
2 cups of white sugar
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 eggs
1 cup of cold coffee
1 cup of buttermilk
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
Can of frosting

Cook the bacon, let it cool and crumble them up.
Mix all the dry ingredients except the bacon. Make a well in the middle and put in the coffee, eggs, buttermilk, and oil. Stir together until blended. Mix in 3/4 of the bacon (save the rest for garnish on top)
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Where I did mine as cupcakes I of course used a muffin tin, but like I said I think if you were to put this batter in a cake pan it would come out fine as a cake.
When it's all done let it cool, frost and add that 1/4 of bacon as garnish on the frosting.

Reaction score
I completely understand and is on the same page as you! I love bacon but unfortunately, I would have to pass on the bacon cake. Just seems like an odd combination. Can't even see myself wanting to tasting it.

Reaction score
I have never heard of anything like this before and as much as I think it would be disgusting, I would bet $100 it's something that my husband will love. That's all he does is eat meat. Thanks for the cupcake recipe Angela; I'm going to give that a try today I think as a nice surprise when the old man gets back from work.

Reaction score
I love anything with bacon. I am a bacon fanatic and a bacon cake sounds like something I would try just because it has bacon on it. I mean the worst that can happen is that you don't like it, so why not try it? It's something new and different. Just the same as chocolate covered bacon. To each is own though. I would definitely try it without hesitation.

Reaction score
I would be willing to try bacon cake. I will try anything at least once. :) It's good to experiement, branch out a little, and try new things. You never know when you might fall in love with something new. I really like bacon. I've never had anything similar to bacon cake though, but I would certainly be willing to try it. I know some donut shops have bacon donuts now, and I have yet to try them yet, but I would be willing to. Hey, worth a shot, right?

Reaction score
Just the name alone makes me cringe. As much as I don't like it and wouldn't eat it I am sure there are others out there that would devour that with no regrets. I just happened to be married to one of them, my husband would worship me if I were to surprise him with a bacon cake on his birthday or any day for that matter he just happens to love anything with bacon. Even if I loved bacon as much as him I just can't picture myself even being curious enough to taste something like that.
So would anyone be curious enough to even taste it or make something like that for their loved one?

I couldn't make something like that for my husband. If I did, he wouldn't eat it.

The bacon cakes falls in a category with deep fried Twinkies and deep fried butter. It sounds too "Southern" for my sensibilities, and seems too fatty and unhealthy to warrant the effort.

It also reminds me of deep fried turkeys. I can almost hear arteries hardening.

Ask a Question