Baked Grilled Apples

Reaction score
Have you ever tried baking or grilling apples on the outdoor grill? If not, I highly recommend you all try it. My dad and I tried it out a few weeks ago and they tasted much better than traditional baked apples. He put cinnamon and sugar on top of them and they had a wonderful smoked flavor.

Reaction score
Well, that's something I had never thought of doing, I have always done it with bananas and cheese, but I did not really know it was possible to do with apples as well, I will have to try it this sunday and see how good it tastes, it's amazing the amount of new things that you can learn on the internet.

Reaction score
I've been seeing mentions lately of grilling fruit, but it's not something I've tried. I don't use the grill much, other than in the late fall and winter, since it tends to be pretty hot and/or rainy here for much of the year. It does sound intriguing. Does he bake/grill them in foil, or some other type of vessel?

Reaction score
I actually have and I remember being very surprised at the results. I remember looking at the guy who had the idea like he was nuts, but it ended up being okay, and if you want a different texture this is certainly a good way to go. We had peaches on there, and those I was not a big of fan because they just turned out mushy, but everyone else seemed to like them. Good stuff, and thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Oh, thank you for sharing about this. To be honest, I have never tried grilling fruits ever before so this is definitely a great new idea for me. I now have the idea that fruits can also be grilled. This is definitely worth giving a try for me. :)

Reaction score
I have heard about it but never tried it. I find I don't do much with apples besides putting them in smoothies. I'd probably have to try them on my inside grill as my big grill is probably full of rust and stuff. You would think I would be constantly grilling in the tropics but I don't know the last time it has happened at my house. Nice little reminder here though.

Reaction score
I don't know if you have seen this recipe, but if you slice the apples really thin, and cover them with cinnamon and brown sugar, bake them for over an hour you get apple chips, which is a healthy snack! This post reminded me of it.

Reaction score
I don't know if y:)ou have seen this recipe, but if you slice the apples really thin, and cover them with cinnamon and brown sugar, bake them for over an hour you get apple chips, which is a healthy snack! This post reminded me of it.
So are we going to bake these on the stove?:) I am thinking these might be perfect for those conditions.;)

Reaction score
I had posted in another thread about our experimental baked apple with raisins. It's just one apple that is cored so there is a hole in the middle where the raisins can be placed. And then it is baked in the oven toaster until the raisins have somewhat melted and the apple is already brown. But I think it would be better if we had used the oven for that instead of the oven toaster. And maybe the Granny Smith of the delicious apple that we call will give a better taste for the baked apple.

Reaction score
So are we going to bake these on the stove?:) I am thinking these might be perfect for those conditions.;)

Precisely! I found the recipe in allrecipes.com. They even have a video on how to do them for those aspiring bakers that are not as skilled, like I am :p.

Reaction score
Precisely! I found the recipe in allrecipes.com. They even have a video on how to do them for those aspiring bakers that are not as skilled, like I am :p.
Well I am still in the newbie stage so I have to be in the aspiring bakers category. I have often referred to recipes for allrecipes.com . I don't have it as a favourite but many of my searches take me there.

Reaction score
I have tried it a couple times in the past. We got the idea online, and we were already grilling outdoors for dinner so we gave it a shot. We used cinnamon and sugar too, and only cooked it for maybe a minute or two. They were AMAZING!! Definitely a "healthy-ish" treat!

Ask a Question