Chocolate Cake VS Vanilla Cake

Reaction score
Took my mom out for her birthday and she got a chocolate fudge brownie for dessert. It may not have been cake but it sure looked good. It's a shame she didn't share, but it was her birthday after all.

Reaction score
I have to say I love chocolate cake with vanilla butter cream frosting , however I am not a fan of vanilla cake with chocolate frosting. There is something about the chocolate icing that over powers the vanilla cake.

Reaction score
Yeah chocolate can overpower vanilla, but I still like vanilla cake with chocolate frosting. I live eating cakes so I will eat almost any kind, but like I said earlier, chocolate cake will always be my favorite.

Reaction score
That's a funny argument. I would definitely say chocolate cake! I love anything with chocolate, especially cake. Vanilla cake is good as well, but a moist chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate decorations is definitely at the top of my list; it's practically heaven-like. Delicious! :D

Reaction score
Chocolate cake! With German Chocolate frosting if at all possible..

This is my very favorite! My mom says I'm somewhat childish because I like all type of cakes but if there is one of chocolate among many others, I will go for this.

Vanilla cake, however, is my second option.

Reaction score
That's a funny argument. I would definitely say chocolate cake! I love anything with chocolate, especially cake. Vanilla cake is good as well, but a moist chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate decorations is definitely at the top of my list; it's practically heaven-like. Delicious! :D
Anything with chocolate on chocolate is devine. I am a chocoholic and I will always go for chocolate. Especially dark chocolate.

Reaction score
I still can't get over the fact that two grown adult where standing in the middle of the super market having a heated augment , and over cake no less. Can you imagine how the behave at home if they act out in public? I sorry I might have started to laugh at them openly.

Reaction score
Anything with chocolate on chocolate is devine. I am a chocoholic and I will always go for chocolate. Especially dark chocolate.

I know exactly how you feel. :D Chocolate is an amazing discovery and I too will always go for chocolate over everything else. I love dark chocolate over milk chocolate as well. I love the taste and I like how it's a little more healthy than your traditional milk chocolate. I'm not a fan of white chocolate though. :oops:

Reaction score
I love all kinds of chocolate. It doesn't matter what kind it is. If it's chocolate, I will eat it.

Reaction score
There isn't a discussion with me on this on one. I will always choose chocolate over any non chocolate desert. Maybe I have a problem and need to seek help for my love chocolate. It is just so good and can be used it pretty much any desert. There is no question that chocolate cake will always win.

Reaction score
I absolutely hate cake! lol. So weird.. I'm obsessed with baking and hate cake. And muffins. Anything cakey lol. Personally, I'd rather buy both cakes than argue about something so silly lol.. but I guess I prefer chocolate. Or vanilla lol.. (I honestly can't choose.. they both rock my world)

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with liking both. I lije to eat both, but I will still choose chocolate. I love chocolate and I love cake so it's a good combination. I do know that I will get chocolate cake this holiday season.

Reaction score
I absolutely hate cake! lol. So weird.. I'm obsessed with baking and hate cake. And muffins. Anything cakey lol. Personally, I'd rather buy both cakes than argue about something so silly lol.. but I guess I prefer chocolate. Or vanilla lol.. (I honestly can't choose.. they both rock my world)

How can you hate cake? o_O

You must have had some bad cake in your time to hate them. I love anything chocolate and can't understand who would like plain vanilla.

Reaction score
I love a classic vanilla cake. I think that it is a lo easier to eat vanilla cake because it is not as filling and thick as chocolate cake. Chocolate cake tends to be rich and thick. A nice vanilla cake is soft and airy. I like the texture and the taste of a vanilla cake better than a chocolate cake.

Reaction score
I think it depends on the who makes the cake. some people can make a good chocolate cake and some can make a bad chocolate cake. I don't know how someone can mess up a chocolate cake, but I actually tasted a bad one once.

Reaction score
That man and women could easily have been me and my friend as we have this discussion all the time haha. For me it will always be chocolate cake no matter what. Any kind of chocolate is amazing... chocolate gateau, chocolate brownie cake, chocolate fudge cake, german chocolate cake... I would go on but that simple list has made me hungry already.

Reaction score
I put this question to a friend and we had a debate about what was best. We asked other people and most of them said they liked Chocolate better. I have to admit that chocolate is always going to be the majority favorite because not many people can resist chocolate.

Reaction score
I am Chocolate all the way. It can have a mix with vanilla, but chocolate has to be present.

In my household we are Vanilla and Chocolate.

Those that like chocolate, love it with a passion.

Those that like vanilla, love it with a passion.

Through the years, we had to accommodate each like. Depending on who's birthday, that was the flavor of the cake. However, we added on the side, vanilla or chocolate ice cream.

Reaction score
If I were buying the cake with the intention of using it immediately, I would go with whatever I was in the mood for at that moment - which would probably have been chocolate. I like chocolate cake over vanilla because it's just as good without any frosting - a little powdered sugar and perhaps some sliced strawberries on the side and I'm good to go.

However if I were buying some cake mix just to keep my pantry stocked in case I would need some down the road, I would go with vanilla cake mix because it is much more versatile. You could even probably just add some cocoa powder to it to make it into a chocolate cake in a pinch anyhow. Vanilla cake mix could be used for stuff like almond cake, pineapple upside down cake, lemon cake, etc...

Reaction score
I put this question to a friend and we had a debate about what was best. We asked other people and most of them said they liked Chocolate better. I have to admit that chocolate is always going to be the majority favorite because not many people can resist chocolate.
Never trust a person who doesn't like chocolate... haha just kidding, but yes I agree with you, I think chocolate would be the flavor of choice for pretty much most people.

Ask a Question