Chocolate Cake VS Vanilla Cake

Reaction score
Dark chocolate with dark chocolate frosting hands down. I do love other flavors, but between those two choices, chocolate wins.

Reaction score
Dark chocolate with dark chocolate frosting hands down. I do love other flavors, but between those two choices, chocolate wins.

It is a fact that those that love chocolate, do not change it for anything. I love chocolate, and dark chocolate is a better version. If Dark chocolate is available for the candy bar I want, that is the one that I pick. My first love was Dove Dark chocolate bar. Hmmmmmmm......

Reaction score
It truly depends on my mood.

In general, I am a fan of chocolate cake. If you ever bake a fudge chocolate cake and top this goodness with vanilla bean ice cream, you will feel as though you died and went to heaven.

IMG_2306.JPG

Reaction score
A man and woman were having a heated discussion in front of the baking section of our local supermarket. I listened with interest, as it concerned cake, and cake just happens to be my favorite dessert. They were arguing over what cake flavor to buy they couldn't choose between chocolate and vanilla. Personally my favorite is vanilla. What's yours?

I will cast my vote for chocolate. I love chocolate anything. Chocolate and cake are a good combination. Let's hear it for chocolate cake!

Reaction score
I like yellow cake with chocolate frosting or devil's food cake.
If I had to pick one, I guess I'd go for the devil's food cake.
I like yellow cake mix. I would mix the chocolate cake mix with the yellow cake mix and have a combination of yellow and chocolate. I think this would taste awesome.

Reaction score
Oh boy! This is a loaded question! Perhaps the man and woman you heard arguing at the supermarket was my husband and I. Haha! He loves white cake and I love chocolate cake. Truthfully I love any kind of cake but my absolute favorite would have to be chocolate cake. Just add a scoop of vanilla ice cream with it and I will be in heaven!

Reaction score
I wouldn't say no to either type of cake. I love a good chocolate cake but wouldn't turn down a good vanilla cake either. As long as there is some good frosting on the cake I will take anything.:)

Reaction score
How funny, I find this the argument of the century. I love my vanilla cakes, ice cream etc. Chocolate is good as well, but I don't like it to be to rich or "chocolaty". I usually find that ill make a vanilla cake with chocolate icing to satisfy that chocolate craving, or even a mixed pound cake. I can never find the guts to cook a lava cake but they are so good every few months.

Reaction score
This has always been competing between our family members, who likes this and who likes that!
I like chocolate and all about it. It's my best when it comes to desserts.

Reaction score
I love chocolate cake!! Give me a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and I will eat until I'm literally sick. I do like a vanilla cake too, with chocolate frosting, it's yummy but it just doesn't compare to chocolate on chocolate.

Reaction score
Ohhh, that would be such a hard decision! I like yellow cake better than white cake 99 percent of the time, though. But if I had to choose between chocolate or yellow, I would have a hard time. I would probably buy both and just make cupcakes! :)

Reaction score
Um, really? There are people who think this actually needs to be a serious debate? lol. Chocolate obviously! Keep calm and love chocolate ;).

Reaction score
It truly depends on my mood.

In general, I am a fan of chocolate cake. If you ever bake a fudge chocolate cake and top this goodness with vanilla bean ice cream, you will feel as though you died and went to heaven.

IMG_2306.JPG

Why suddenly i found this pics? I really like chocolate.. make me hungry.. hoho

Reaction score
I am a die hard chocoholc so for me, it's chocolate anything hands down. I love the chocolate pound cake from Superstore with the chocolate buttercream icing, makes my mouth water just thinking about it!!

Reaction score
I am a die hard chocoholc so for me, it's chocolate anything hands down. I love the chocolate pound cake from Superstore with the chocolate buttercream icing, makes my mouth water just thinking about it!!

same to me Alahnna :) really good if that thing melt inside our mouth.. yummy... :)

Reaction score
I have always loved, loved, loved chocolate, so it's always been chocolate for me.

But my sister prefers white/yellow cake and so does my mom and some of my friends. So we frequently had a half 'n' half cake for my birthday parties. Or I would have a solid chocolate cake and then mom would also make some white cupcakes for my friends so everybody was happy. The same would go for ice cream. We always had both available.

Reaction score
I would vouch for a moist vanilla cake as I'm not much of a chocolate eating person. I would much rather have a strawberry or a orange cake. Most of the time, though, chocolate wins over.

Reaction score
I do love a good chocolate cake with gobs of dark chocolate frosting, but I also like the versatility of using a vanilla cake. There are so many frosting and topping options you can use on a vanilla cake, especially during the summer. Vanilla cake also tends to be lighter in flavor so you are not getting smacked with a huge sugar rush. Sometimes I crave really rich desserts, but as I have gotten older, I tend to like things a little lighter and less sugary.

Reaction score
I am going to have to go with my good'ol fashion chocolate cake. Everything about chocolate makes me happy, so it's a given that I will give in to the cake version of my favorite candy, ha ha.

Ask a Question