Chocolate Cake VS Vanilla Cake

Reaction score
Typically, my husband goes for the chocolate cake- dense, rich, topped with gooey, chewy chocolate frosting. I do go for it on occasion, but sometimes after a few bites, it does get overwhelming. Can we go for a marble cake? With or without frosting, it still has those sweet notes that make chocolate so popular, but it has the creamy, mild flavor of vanilla too, so you can just keep having more of that luscious cake without the overpowering flavor.

Reaction score
Oh man that's a difficult question, lol! I think it depends on the mood I'm in, overall I like vanilla better, but half and half or even the checkerboard is usually what I go for!

Reaction score
Chocolate cake! With German Chocolate frosting if at all possible... mmm... Although, I love all types of cake, and sometimes prefer vanilla, but today chocolate suits my mood. And now I'm hungry. ;)
I always get german chocolate cake from Publix for my birthday, though I never have it any other time of year- gives me something to look forward to! haha, but yes, it'll always be chocolate over vanilla cake for me!

Reaction score
I am a chocolate fan! Anything and everything chocolate so I would choose chocolate cake! It's definitely my favorite over white cake. I am not a huge frosting fan but I do love the whipped frosting. Yep! That's my favorite!

Reaction score
As a cake lover its very hard for me to choose, but i'd probably go with chocolate cake with a yummy and fudgy frosting in it! It's better if it has loads of warmed chocolate and ice cream which I usually order in restaurants, it gave me a different kind of happiness whenever i take a bite of it. In looking for a moist cake, I think chocolate gives more justice than vanilla cake, I'm not saying that vanilla cake is not moist but its just that vanilla is just a plain bread to me, unless there's a yummy frosting in it, i find vanilla boring While chocolate cake can stand alone with or without frostings. I mean it is yummy as a plain chocolate cake, yummier if it has frostings and stuff. Anyway, vanilla is still a cake and i'll eat it. Though my heart still belongs to oh-so yummy chocolate cake.

Reaction score
I'll have to go with vanilla, it's always really been my favourite. With vanilla frosting on top, it's just the best cake ever. I've never really understood why everyone loved chocolate cake so much ever since I was little. I think I may have thought that because I didn't like it. As I've grown up I've realized that I don't like anything chocolate flavoured unless it's chocolate. Weird right?

Reaction score
As a cake lover its very hard for me to choose, but i'd probably go with chocolate cake with a yummy and fudgy frosting in it! It's better if it has loads of warmed chocolate and ice cream which I usually order in restaurants, it gave me a different kind of happiness whenever i take a bite of it. In looking for a moist cake, I think chocolate gives more justice than vanilla cake, I'm not saying that vanilla cake is not moist but its just that vanilla is just a plain bread to me, unless there's a yummy frosting in it, i find vanilla boring While chocolate cake can stand alone with or without frostings. I mean it is yummy as a plain chocolate cake, yummier if it has frostings and stuff. Anyway, vanilla is still a cake and i'll eat it. Though my heart still belongs to oh-so yummy chocolate cake.

Reaction score
I am for chocolate, chocolate cake, chocolate chips, chocolate ice cream, I would try just about anything if it was covered in chocolate. hee hee :)

hhh

Reaction score
Chocolate all the way! I absolutely love chocolate cake, the gooeyness the silky flavour of the chocolate running down your throat. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I even enjoy making chocolate cake, it really fun when you're licking the bowl after haha

Reaction score
Vanilla, if those are my only choices. Maybe with a fruity frosting such as lemon, lime or orange. Speaking of, I have some orange juice in the freezer, maybe I could use some of it soon to make some delicious sweet things.

Reaction score
I prefer a vanilla cake over the chocolate cake. My favorite, though, is white cake, not yellow. White cake with any kind of iceing is what I crave. I have never been a big lover of chocolate of anykind.

Reaction score
If it was an option I would combine the two to make marble. I love the combination, but because it's not my vote will have to go to vanilla. I find that chocolate is just too much for me unless I just haven't found the right recipe.

Kas

Reaction score
I like both of them, but if I had to choose one, it would definitely be chocolate. That is, in my opinion, by far the best of the two flavors.

Reaction score
I like both of them, but if I had to pick between them two I would rather eat a chocolate cake. I like it's taste better.

Reaction score
Can I go down the middle? I would like that please. Yet I have to say, I've almost never tasted a vanilla cake that was not near perfect. With chocolate there are so many versions that sometimes the baker can get it wrong. I love a moist chocolate and not all I have had were moist. I am still down the middle and if I MUST choose one it's the vanilla.

Reaction score
Sometimes that situation is really happening and I had also heard before in one of our local bakeshop in our place wherein a mother and her kid is arguing which cake they will buy. For me I like better a Chocolate Cake and my favorite is the Black Forest Cake with Creamy Frosting and Cherries and Chocolate Toppings.

Reaction score
this household is also a split household but I have a cunning solution to the problem. One layer is vanilla and the other layer is chocolate. We make a 2 layer cake sandwiched together with (cashew nut) cream and jam and if someone is really having a bad day, they get both layers of their favourite and if it is a normal day, then one layer of their favourite and one layer of their partners favourite. Problem solved.

Ps - I'm the chocolate half btw!

Reaction score
Chocolate, but it really depends if it's layered or not and also if what they use in the middle is good quality chocolate icing or the bad one. I'd love to try one with nutella, hehehe or actual dark chocolate... mmmm!!! I have to try one day!

Reaction score
I'm am a chocolate fiend, but I actually like both types of cake. It depends on the day, or the mood I guess. I enjoy a good white cake, but I do enjoy a good chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. It's so rich though, that I need coffee or milk to go with it. I've been known to compromise if somebody would rather have vanilla. If it's for a party or something, I don't mind making both.

Ask a Question