Disgusting Old Food Ads

Reaction score
You can't hear me ,but I'm gagging and retching right now.
f837cf5d4144078eefa720de6801b927.jpg

EWWWWWWWWW, this looks like a really bad canned veggies cakes.... did they use gelatin? Gross!!!! The lighting did't help those pictures, I really wonder how they accomplished to sell anything back then! Now at least we have Photoshop to make everything look better!

Reaction score
The 90's was a great decade for a lot things: music, movies, videos, etc. But it wasn't that great when it came to food ads, I mean some of those pics were just awful. They didn't make you want to eat that at all. Specially canned stuff, just gross! But is a fact food ads nowadays look way better because of Photoshop!

The 90's food ads aren't nearly as bad as the 1950's food ads in this thread. The 50's were an era of sexist advertising and bad food photography.

Reaction score
The 90's food ads aren't nearly as bad as the 1950's food ads in this thread. The 50's were an era of sexist advertising and bad food photography.

Yeah, the 50's ads were kinda creepy if you ask me.... I never really liked that ad with the little girl and the jelly sandwich, it looked so odd! Some of those ads were even cute; they're icons now, but some of them were wrong in so many ways!

soda_ad.jpg

And I thought the marketers today were shameless, lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, the 50's ads were kinda creepy if you ask me.... I never really liked that ad with the little girl and the jelly sandwich, it looked so odd! Some of those ads were even cute; they're icons now, but some of them were wrong in so many ways!

soda_ad.jpg

And I thought the marketers today were shameless, lol.

You've got to be kidding me. I can't believe that this ad tried to convince parents of a link between "fitting in" and starting kids early on soda. That's like saying "Your kid will have no friends if he doesn't drink soda as a baby." That's kind of evil.

Reaction score
Yeah, now isn't so bad, actually in my country they upped the prices of all junk food, including soda! They did to push people to eat less junk food. They also have a campaign against junk food (ads), warning about the dangers of eating too much junk and so on. It's good to see things have clanged.

Adds back then were just wrong! Look at these sexist adds!

50s-ads-1.jpg

Jesus! If my SO said that to me...

ads-2.jpg

No comment...!

50s-ads-3.jpg

Just WOW...

Reaction score
Old advertisements directed at women are horrifyingly sexist. Check out this ad that plays on women's body insecurities.
09f5988c616b956c35049c097fef0b4b.jpg

Reaction score
Jesus, the deodorant one is harsh! I'd have hated to live during that time, Jesus... poor women! I had always known they were kinda sexist back then, but not to what extent!

Reaction score
Old advertisements directed at women are horrifyingly sexist. Check out this ad that plays on women's body insecurities.
09f5988c616b956c35049c097fef0b4b.jpg

That's just awful! But can't fail to see the irony... I mean, back then skinny girls were what ''fuller'' girls are now. Skinny is super in, while fuller figured women really aren't. I mean, several tabloids fat shamed Kendall Jenner! Models are more and more skinny nowadays... it's ridiculous. Like wow... Marilyn Monroe was far from skinny and was considered a sex symbol. Amazing how things have changed, isn't it?

Reaction score
Have you ever looked at old magazine ads for food and just thought,"That looks disgusting. I would never make that."?
I saw some of the old cooking ads on a website and thought they were pretty gross. Both cooking and food photography have come a long way.
YUCK !!!! This honestly is the first time I have ever seen ads like these. They are nasty and disgusting. How would the company ever think these are even slightly appetizing! :( Not to mention I am looking at them first thing in the morning so the meatloaf and the jello picture is even more horrible!

I guess 20 years from now we will look back on ads from our time and say the same things... and our kids will be laughing!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Danyel :)
d51f23a4ab1d1e0046b0f3c2468716c7.jpg

Reaction score
This meal looks like some kind of sea creature about to crawl away from the plate.
8f34f67be6b9aee2b40ef9a6af83ac42.jpg

Reaction score
Why would anyone want a wedding cake made of deli meat? This is such a bizarre creation.
e07e20da10b2bc343e5875750d124d3e.jpg

Ask a Question