Easy Boston Cream Pie or Cake Recipe?

Reaction score
Does anyone have an easy Boston Cream Pie or Cake recipe? A recipe for Boston Cream Cake Squares would be o.k., too. I've always wanted to try making it, but don't have a lot of energy these days, hence the 'easy' part. I care more about the taste than how it looks, which is why squares would be o.k.

Reaction score
If you are ok with a total cheat Boston Crème cake try this. The flavor is yummy and it's super easy.
Place a layer of Graham Crackers in the bottom of a glass 9x13.
Make two large boxes of vanilla pudding in separate bowls but add extra vanilla extract. Perhaps a tablespoon per box. I love the extra flavor but if you don't you can add less or none.
Spread one of the bowls of pudding on the crackers.
Add another layer of crackers.
Spread the last bowl of pudding on those.
Then heat a container of prepared chocolate frosting in the microwave stirring occasionally until it is pourable and gently spread it on the pudding. I admit to loving the chocolate too so sometimes I used two containers.
Refrigerate for as long as you can wait.... I try to do it at least 4 hours ahead of time.
You could even cut it in half for a 9x9 .
You will have to serve the first slice in the kitchen cause it never comes out pretty but after that you should have a pretty and tasty cheat Boston Crème Cake.

Reaction score
Easy Boston Cream Cake.

Use one box of vanilla cake mix.
Use only HALF of the mix to spread over the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan.
Be sure to only bake it for half the time or less. You will need to keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.

When that layer is done, flip it onto a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.

Bake the other half of the cake in the 9x13 pan.

Once baked, let it cool completely.

Spread 2 cups of vanilla pudding (already made or instant) over cake layer in pan.
Place other cake layer over pudding.
Spread ready made chocolate fudge frosting over top cake layer.
Place in fridge for an hour or longer.

Super easy (and cheap) Boston Cream Cake.

The same can be done to make a Black Forest cake.
Just use chocolate fudge cake mix, canned pie cherry mix, and cool whip for topping.

Reaction score
is there a not so easy version of this ? like an easy but better one ? :) do you crumble the graham crackers first ? and the cake mix does sound easy Chester

Reaction score
hmm it says sponge cake and fondant,which I've only made one cake from scratch and it wasn't a sponge one either :)

Ask a Question