Easy, fun and simple baking recipes for me and my little sister

Reaction score
How old is she? I love cooking with kids and you can do it from the littlest to kids who can follow the recipe more or less on their own.

Another adult? (My husband and I found, when we were dating, that one of our great pleasures is working together in the kitchen. We don't always have time for it in our normal work week, but it's one thing we always look forward to on vacation!)

Reaction score
Depends on how old your sister is but I would probably start off with something simple like Rice Krispy treats. You can even use the microwave to melt the marshmallow just be careful because its easy to get burned. They are also fun to shape into stars, etc.... You can add sprinkles or chocolate chips to increase the yummy factor!

Reaction score
Cake from a mix is super easy. There are just enough ingredients to add to make you feel like you're making something. An even easier -- and lower calorie -- method is to use cake mix and diet soda. Do not add the other ingredients to the mix. Use one can of cola for chocolate cake, and a can of clear soda for white or other light-colored cakes. Not exactly baking from scratch, but fun and easy.

Reaction score
Pudding is also something easy; any cornstarch pudding recipe works, or you can even make it from the little boxes. Most of it just involves measuring out the ingredients, putting it in a pot, and then stirring it so there isn't much opportunity for a really big mess but at the same time your sister can have fun and do cooking things. (Or at least, my little sibs seemed to enjoy measuring the ingredients/putting them in and then stirring)

Reaction score
If you're looking for something easy, I would second the suggestions of rice krispy cakes or cake from a box. However, if you're up for something more challenging (not TOO challenging though - definitely do-able!) then maybe something like cupcakes or gingerbread men. That way you can decorate them anyway you want, which children often really enjoy!

Reaction score
I just saw a great idea where someone had a children's party. They made plain white cupcakes and put them in the center of a paint tray. The paint tray has little hollowed out places where the paint is supposed to go. Instead of paint, you put different types of topping for the cupcake. That way the children can decorate their cupcake the way they like and even have fun snacking on the leftovers. A simple Jiffy white cupcake or cake mix could be used. Or for those daring individuals, the brownies!

Reaction score
If no one has checked my no bake cheese pie, they should do it soon ;) I love that pie recipe of mine because it's so easy to do, you only need 5 ingredients max? And yup, children love to make it with you! I always let my nieces mix everything together, since that's the fun part!

Reaction score
Cake from a mix is super easy. There are just enough ingredients to add to make you feel like you're making something. An even easier -- and lower calorie -- method is to use cake mix and diet soda. Do not add the other ingredients to the mix. Use one can of cola for chocolate cake, and a can of clear soda for white or other light-colored cakes. Not exactly baking from scratch, but fun and easy.

I agree! But you know what I think is a better choice when it comes cake mixes?! Muffins! Seriously! It's way more fun for a young girl to fill the liners! What's even more fun is to decorate each muffin! They love that part! I mix everything, but I always let them fill the liners and decorate the muffins :) You are a child only once after all ;)

Reaction score
If no one has checked my no bake cheese pie, they should do it soon ;) I love that pie recipe of mine because it's so easy to do, you only need 5 ingredients max? And yup, children love to make it with you! I always let my nieces mix everything together, since that's the fun part!
I tried typing in 'no bake cheese pie' into the search and nothing came up. Then I tried going to your name but it didn't show me how to find all the posts you've made. I am not that technical so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. But if you have a link or something or could repost the recipe here, since I'm following this post, that would be great! My mom used to bake us cheese pies when we were little and I am curious if this will come out the same. Regardless, I love cheese and I love few ingredients so it sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks in advance!

Ask a Question