Easy No-bake Holiday Treat

Reaction score
As we know the holidays consume us with baking and various chores. This is a quick no fuss cookie that is very tasty. Minimal fuss plus minimal clean up.

No-bake Fruit-Nut Pinwheels

1 box raisins
1 (14 oz.) box vanilla wafers
1 (7 oz.) can coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 jar chopped red cherries
1/2 jar chopped green cherries
1 raisin box full of chopped nuts

Mix all ingredients together wrap in foil forming log 2 inches in diameter and 12 inches long. Chill and slice leaving foil on until after sliced. Arrange on platters or in tins and enjoy.

Reaction score
These do sound good but I wonder if I can substitute something for the coconut or if it would affect much by leaving it out. I am allergic to it and don't dare eat any.

Reaction score
These do sound good but I wonder if I can substitute something for the coconut or if it would affect much by leaving it out. I am allergic to it and don't dare eat any.[/quote/]

I have never tried to substitute anything but I think the coconut is basically a filler and for taste texture. I think it would be okay to try to substitute something else. If you try it please let us know what you tried as a substitute and how it worked out. It may be something I would like to try also just for a different version of the treat.

Reaction score
One of my favorite no-bake holiday treat as always been making ice-cream sandwiches using chocolate wafers; my children never get tired of having this.

Reaction score
Fudge of all flavors tends to be the biggest no-bake hit with my family gatherings. I even tried some flavors id never thought to even attempt at trying. They were amazingly good and I will be making some this year.

Reaction score
This sounds like a great idea and recipe. Thanks for sharing this recipe I will be sure to try it. It seems pretty simple.

Reaction score
These cookies sound so good and so easy! I am not a lover of raisens so would use dried cranberries in place of them. Do they store well?? I like to do cookie plates for friends and these would be so pretty to put among the other cookies. l cannot wait to try making them!

Reaction score
Nice- I love a good quick and easy, no-bake recipe...as much as I love baking, there's SO much of that going on during the holidays that some easy go-to treats with minimal fuss are a huge help in my house, and I'm sure these will be enjoyed this season :). Thanks for sharing them!

Reaction score
I assume this turns out tasting like fruit cake?

Hmmm. Dried cranberries sounds like a good addition as well, Evelyn.

I remember my kids making no bake cookies in home economics class. One with peanut butter and another with those crunchy Chinese noodle things.

Ask a Question