Favorite holiday baked good?

Reaction score
MMMMMMMMMM yes, I love stollen, too. I made it one year and store bought does not even compare to homemade and it was not difficult to do. My ex mother in law used to make the best soft fudge using a recipe that took jarred marshmallow fluff and chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips. She would add peanuts to the peanut butter chips ones and to the others she would add other nuts, crushed candy canes, chopped up dried fruit, ect. I always looked forward to the Christmas boxes she would send us because of the varieties of fudge she always included.

Your description of your ex mother in law's fudge has me drooling!! I've always want to make my own fudge, but it's one of those things I've never gotten round to. I'm feeling inspired by your descriptions of all the lovely possible additions to fudge. I think (from what I've read, and seen on 'how to videos') that you can customize your fudge recipe pretty easily, and this makes it a really good Christmas foodie gift.

Time I got around to doing it!

Reaction score
Russian tea cookies! I love them year around haha but especially during the holidays.

I'd never heard of these until now, and I went and looked them up to see what they are. They look absolutely delicious! I see them referred to as Russian tea cakes, or Russian balls, online, but they all look pretty much the same.

I think they'd make a lovely change to the usual Christmas cookie/biscuit offering. Thanks for that. Of course, if you have a good recipe of your own to share, that would be great. ;)

Reaction score
Russian tea cakes sound deliteful! I also found a recipe for chai tea cookies last year which went over well at my Christmas dinner. It is basically the recipe for log roll cut sugar cookies with the addition of 3 teabags of chai tea. They made my home smell spicy and wonderful!

Reaction score
Russian tea cakes sound deliteful! I also found a recipe for chai tea cookies last year which went over well at my Christmas dinner. It is basically the recipe for log roll cut sugar cookies with the addition of 3 teabags of chai tea. They made my home smell spicy and wonderful!

That sounds delicious! The smell of chai is like nothing else, especially at Christmas when there are so many lovely spicy smells around.

I love anything with chai, although I haven't tried baking with it myself. Can I persuade you to post your recipe for chai cookies? I'd love to have a go at those. If you have any other chai recipes I'd be interested too - if you don't think I'm being too cheeky in asking :p

Reaction score
On Thanksgiving, I make a super easy 3 ingredient cake.
Pumpkin Spice Cake.
-1 box Spice cake
-1 can(green bean size-15oz?) pure pumpkin(not filling, too sweet)
-2-3 tbs water
Mix cake mix, pumpkin, and water together, will be thick, that's normal.
Pour into greased pan and bake according to the cake box.
It's great by itself warm, or cooled with powdered sugar or vanilla frosting.

Reaction score
My favorite bake treats from my childhood years have been are fruit cakes , potato pudding and gingerbread man.

Ask a Question