Favorite type of piping bag?

Reaction score
We still have the old-fashioned canvas piping bags, which are good and sturdy (never had one pop a leak) if a little stiff to work with. Some people would say they're harder to clean, but you can just pop them in the washing machine. Though we keep some of the disposable plastic kind around for when we expect a big mess of cookies, I do feel a little guilty about more plastic in the landfill.

I haven't tried the new silicone type, could anyone tell me what they're like?

(Gah, just realized this should have been in the decorating forum. Sorry mods.)

Reaction score
I'm a bit naughty and use the disposable ones, but I don't use them all that often so there's not much wastage. I didn't realise silicone ones were available, just off to have a look online now!

Reaction score
I have both the old canvas kind from Wilton and newer silicone ones. Before I bought the silicone ones I resorted to using ziplock type baggies and it was a true pain. The canvas ones that I have are so worn, and so discolored on the outside that it is just embarrassing that I still own them. The silicone ones do wash up so much easier, and the coloring in the frosting does not stain them. They did take a bit to get used to as they have a complete different feel than the canvas one does, but now that I have the hang of them, they are very worth it.

Reaction score
I had no idea there were silicone bags, we always use the disposable plastic ones. I had planned on buying the disposables, now I will look into silicone as well. For now, I (at home) just use Ziplocs, but they can't handle the pressure as well as the sturdier ones from work.

Ask a Question