Hobbies other than baking

Reaction score
I enjoy summer activities like going for hikes in the woods, visiting parks and museums and hanging out with friends. I love to play outdoor games like soccer and football when the weather cools down somewhat.
In the winter I just curl up and watch the TV like a lazy bum.

Reaction score
I enjoy summer activities like going for hikes in the woods, visiting parks and museums and hanging out with friends. I love to play outdoor games like soccer and football when the weather cools down somewhat.
In the winter I just curl up and watch the TV like a lazy bum.

Going for hikes in the woods sounds awesome. I love nature but I stick to the well populated areas of parks and don't really venture into the forest because I'm afraid of getting lost.
I would hike if I was in a group and one of us was a really good navigator.

Reaction score
I have so many hobbies, I feel almost a bit overwhelmed with trying to fit them all in. Sometimes I even resort to doing nothing, as opposed to not being able to do everything at once (if that makes any sense at all). I like reading, watching TV, painting, photography, scrapbooking, collaging, singing, listening to music, decorating, homemaking, sewing...all kinds of things <3

Reaction score
I love photography and going for walks around the city with my camera is a favorite hobby of mine. Actually there have been times, I have forgotten my purse at home but never my camera. Having said that, its sounds like photography isn't just a hobby, its an obsession...lol

Reaction score
I love photography and going for walks around the city with my camera is a favorite hobby of mine. Actually there have been times, I have forgotten my purse at home but never my camera. Having said that, its sounds like photography isn't just a hobby, its an obsession...lol

You must have a lot of cool photos from your walks around the city.
I'm the opposite of you in that I forget my camera at home a lot , and when I forget it, things happen, like I see a large iguana run past a bunch of ducks to get to a tree and then gets confronted by the mother duck because he bumped into one of the ducklings. That would have been a picture but I left my camera at home as usual.

Reaction score
I enjoy photography and i take my camera everywhere. I also enjoy graphic design, live music(i go to gigs whenever i can!) and music in general. I also play guitar in my spare time, but i don't play as much as i'd like. I tried to pick up playing piano as well again a few months ago.

Reaction score
You must have a lot of cool photos from your walks around the city.
I'm the opposite of you in that I forget my camera at home a lot , and when I forget it, things happen, like I see a large iguana run past a bunch of ducks to get to a tree and then gets confronted by the mother duck because he bumped into one of the ducklings. That would have been a picture but I left my camera at home as usual.
I have thousands and thousands of photos and I'm trying my best to organize them all...That's not an easy task. As for the iguana and the ducks, what a photo opportunity that would have been. In the past I also would forget my camera but too many opportunities passed me by so now my camera is like my right arm...attached to me...lol

Reaction score
I love sewing. I don't always get the parts right but the joy that comes when I do is different. I love reading sewing blogs and looking through the tutorials. I love trying out the patterns and instructions they've laid out. I don't know. I feel this sense of achievement each time I piece a pattern correctly or when someone comes up to me and asks where I bought whatever it is I made.

Reaction score
I like to read, work out on the Wii (makes exercise seem less boring!), ride my bike and cross country ski in the winter.
I also have some TV shows that I just have to watch each week! LOL
Other than that just hanging out with my kids and being a Mom to two teens!
Life is full and I am thankful!! :)

Reaction score
I like to read, work out on the Wii (makes exercise seem less boring!), ride my bike and cross country ski in the winter.
I also have some TV shows that I just have to watch each week! LOL
Other than that just hanging out with my kids and being a Mom to two teens!
Life is full and I am thankful!! :)
My daughter loves those Wii workout games. I play the workout games too on the Xbox 360. It definitely makes exercise less boring when it's turned into a game with a goal.
I like Dance Dance Revolution and Dance Central.

Reaction score
Yes, they sure help to fight boredom!!! That is when we get a chance to use it! Sometimes life just gets so busy we don't use it. My kids are starting school next week so I will be doing it on my own. :0

My daughter had Dance Dance Revolution too and we just gave it to a thrift store. She liked it at first and then didn't use it. Not sure if she thought it was too hard or if she didn't like the music. Or maybe she thought it was boring.......I don't know! ;-)

She will be walking around a very large high school this year. So, doing that every day, she almost doesn't need to do anything else! We walked to all of her classes the other day and were both amazed at how tired we were afterwards! Lots of going up and down stairs, etc. She is going to be in great shape!!!

What games do you have for the XBox?

Reaction score
I also enjoy walking and workout games when i'm bored. Having a lot of spare time over the last 3 months i've lost nearly a stone. I'm healthy weight anyway, but just to keep the weight off is good enough for me.

I had a game like Dance Dance Revolution when I was younger, but it wasn't very good and was actually quite easy. I used to love games with dance mats though!

Reaction score
I love reading. I'm a bookworm. On the weekends, when it is nice out, I have a special spot I go to where I can see all of the sailboats on the harbor and listen to the waves crashing against the rocks. It is heaven on earth, especially with a frozen latte and a good book with you!

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I am so jealous!!! You've just described my ideal day!!! Only, I don't live by the water. :) but someday that is exactly what I would like to do!

I am a huge murder mystery fan!! I love agatha Christie books, but will also read modern authors if they strike my fancy or find their books are ones I can't put down!!

I better start saving my pennies so I can have a place by the water!! My husband goes on a golf trip every year with a group of guys and they stay at a place on the lake. I told him I could just sit out there all day and listen to the water!! :)

Reaction score
I like to write poems every now and again. I also like to blog whether it me current events, or topics on other subjects. I haven't been doing much of either lately because I have been so busy, but I am looking to get back into it really soon.

sorry I haven't replied sooner, I haven't been on in a while. That is good. I used to write poems but not very much anymore. That sounds interesting blogging about current events or topics, where do you go to that, I think I might like to do some blogging on that too.

Reaction score
I love playing table tennis, I been playing since I was 6. Everybody in my family knows how to play table tennis. Every Christmas we have a small tournament together with my cousins, The winner will get cash and a gift. It's really fun. I also play table tennis as my form of exercise. I do it 3-4x a week about 1-2 hours a day.

Reaction score
I recently started painting with acrylics! It's great fun, I'm really enjoying it. It all started because I fell in love with a picture I saw - annoyingly it is by Damien Hirst and the PRINT costs £15,000 (yep, you read that right, not even an original). So I decided I could do it myself :D Recently bought an easel, and been doing some online tutorials.

Reaction score
I recently started painting with acrylics! It's great fun, I'm really enjoying it. It all started because I fell in love with a picture I saw - annoyingly it is by Damien Hirst and the PRINT costs £15,000 (yep, you read that right, not even an original). So I decided I could do it myself :D Recently bought an easel, and been doing some online tutorials.

Wow, that's a lot, which painting was it? I had to study Damien Hurst at college at one point.

I love painting with acrylics and get on with them really well. I haven't painted in about a year though now.

Good luck with it, i'd like to see the finished outcome too!

Reaction score
It's called Spire from the Sanctum series:

artnet-galleries-spire-sanctum-by-damien-hirst-from-peter-1345622837_b.jpg

I love it - but not for £15k! :D

Reaction score
The Spire is really beautiful. Now, I understand why you fell it love with it. But I cant get over with 15k.:)

Ask a Question