Hobbies other than baking

Reaction score
I like to travel, but money is limited, so at best I go on a trip across country about 1-2 years. I also write stories, poetry, sketch, and make figures out of oven baked clay. I enjoy some video games, like MMORPGs. I pretty much like anything that has a good story, and this includes books, short stories (many I write myself), TV shows, movies, games, and other media and sources. I am driven write now to make money online, which is more work than hobby, but I don't plan on doing it forever.

Reaction score
I love writing in my diary, I know isn't a hobby per se, but to me it kinda feels like it because I do it daily. I try to add an entry daily, I might not be able in the future if something major happens tho. Another thing I like to do during my free time is learning a new language. I used to love photography, but I need a new camera for that :( Same with gardening, I need a space and a few pots... I'll then be ready to go.

Reaction score
I video game, work online, I listen to 90's music, I like to chill with friends, GIANT Otaku (Fan of Japanese Culture), I write short stories and poetry too. I also love to talk on forums.

Reaction score
Hey!! I love video games too! What kind of video games do you like to play? I love 90's music as well and their videos!!! They were so awesome and original, unlike the things we watch now on MTV. Back then MTV was all about music, now it's mostly about ''reality TV'' and other ''stuff''.

Reaction score
I actually just became addicted to a video game myself. One that I downloaded to my phone, it is like one of those candy crush games. I normally am not a gamer persay, but this game is rather fun.

Reaction score
I've recently taking up the hobby of claying....its very relaxing and very fun to do. Keeps your mind clear and offers much insights on things you least expect.

Reaction score
I've recently been into selling memorabilia online for money. We have so much stuff, and I never could have guessed there'd still be a demand for anything we had, so we're pawning off old tradegoods. It's a decent way to earn back a bit of coin.

Reaction score
I have a number of hobbies which include cycling and photography, but at the moment they are really the only ones I can do easily.
Gardening is a love, but we have no space. I have a few pots and a herbs patch - which reminds me, there are some seeds I need to order - summer savoury. Its an annual which is excellent with beans and pulses, taking the 'wind' out of them!
I've also found a game on my smartphone, called Dots. It is rather addictive to be honest, so I am trying to avoid it at the moment!

Reaction score
I love reading and crafting (which now I get to do with my king). I used to love exercising with Dance Central but can't really do so now because said king doesn't let me. LOLOL When I had my camera I enjoyed photography. But I also enjoy writing and making webpages and graphic illustrations. Basically...creating. It's what I like to do.

Reaction score
I find old shows, games, anything from my childhood and I use it to remind me how far we've come as a species since I was a child. And that, no matter the circumstances, you can always go back and relive your life bit by bit. Even if those bits are games and old memorabilia. Or re-reading some good book franchises you've since missed.

Other than that, I try to find new interesting recipes to bake. I'm an overweight kid at heart so I love to munch and eat. I don't care what others say. New food = Good Food.

Reaction score
In our life we should have an active lifestyle so that we can make use well of our day. Aside from baking, of course my other passion is cooking. Then I love reading and writing too during my free time. Now I am studying another language two times a week. Then 3 to 4 times a week for 1 hour I do my zumba dancing workout every late afternoon. I really need this to have better sleep at night. Then twice a month during weekend me and my husband go hiking in the mountain to see the nature and have some fresh air around. These are all my activities aside from baking :)

Reaction score
What language are you learning, Amy? I ask because I am also learning a new language as well, but... not because i like it tho, but more because I need to pass a test in order to get my residence permit.

Reaction score
What language are you learning, Amy? I ask because I am also learning a new language as well, but... not because i like it tho, but more because I need to pass a test in order to get my residence permit.
You have reminded me, I'm also learning a new language as well, Spanish. I was standing college to learn it as well as an online course which I had been doing daily until quite recently when I got side tracked about learning about sourdough and sourdough starters. Now I try a new sourdough bread tomorrow where I prove the bread in the fridge! This is one learning curve I had not expected!

Reaction score
I have a few different hobbies. I like being active and in the great outdoors so thinks like bike riding and hiking are favorites of mine. I love gardening too, although right now things are a bit of a shambles - the weather is much better now after a long winter that I need to get back into it! I love spending time with my family and just having quiet, simple time with them...we are quite content just enjoying each others company!

Reaction score
So many responses and so many wonderful pastimes! I read, write and draw (my latest project is a "Fantasy Cake Color and Bake Cookbook" that I'm Kickstarting with an old friend who's a cert. exec. pastry chef). I'd love more time to read and write. Fortunately I can listen to audiobooks while I draw :)

Reaction score
I like to design and create jewelry - beaded, knotted and decoupage/assemblage. I also love to read, but don't do enough of it lately. I enjoy a day of good old fashioned yard saling, going out for a brisk walk, beachcombing with my sister, gardening, and just hanging out with my kids. Nice thread - it's nice to see how others spend their free time :)

Reaction score
Jewelry design and creation sounds like a really fun hobby :) I've been thinking of taking lessons for that, to learn to create some really professional looking necklaces and bracelets, but that might be until next year I move to the Netherlands.

Reaction score
You have reminded me, I'm also learning a new language as well, Spanish. I was standing college to learn it as well as an online course which I had been doing daily until quite recently when I got side tracked about learning about sourdough and sourdough starters. Now I try a new sourdough bread tomorrow where I prove the bread in the fridge! This is one learning curve I had not expected!

That sounds quite exciting, a good reason not to study Spanish ;) To be honest anything seems to be better for me than studying dutch, lol. I just don't like the language that much, but the other day I got very happy when I understood most of the things a German couple was saying :p So, dutch isn't spoken in many places (felt so bad about wasting my time in a language that was just spoken in a tiny country and a few tiny colonies) but after that experience I feel better :) At least I can now understand some Germanic languages!

Reaction score
I'm not loathe to say I extremely enjoy Anime. Everyone has different hobbies; but I like those adult cartoons. I would not show the genres I watch to children; they would need therapy and some classes for nightmare relief. I like dark, gorey, horror, murder, mystery, and psychological.

Due to my love of such shows, I've actually gotten to Learning Japanese through Rosetta Stone, and multiple other programs. I can understand it now without subtitles but I still lack on the conjunctions and putting sentences together. I think if I was a Tourist there, just they tour and come here, I'd be speaking in very broken Japanese. But I can definitely understand it being spoken around me, and I would not have thought learning another Language possible at my older age.

Ask a Question