Hot Chocolate

Discussion in 'Baker Banter' started by Angie CupcakeQueen, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Angie CupcakeQueen

Angie CupcakeQueen Well-Known Member

I spent today at home with my niece Katy who was home sick from school. Strep throat. Not good.
    Anyway, I had a craving for hot chocolate but since I am lactose intolerant with dairy sensitivities, I cannot have store bought hot cocoa so I decided to make my own.
    The last couple years I’ve made my own mix but it never turns out that great.
    Today I did something different. I didn’t measure anything though.
    I put milk in a small sauce pan and put it on to simmer, then added unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla extract, unsweetened chocolate, coconut sweetened condensed milk and salt. I played around with it a bit before I was done. The result was a rich, thick cocoa that was great but too rich so I added some milk to it and it was delicious.
    Coconut hot chocolate. Definitely going to make this again.

Angie CupcakeQueen, Dec 2, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Angie CupcakeQueen

ChesterV Well-Known Member

Ummmm.............sorry to point out the obvious.............

but if you are dairy sensitive, why did you use milk?

I've made dairy free chocolate milk before, and it was pretty good. I used water instead of milk, and once the hot chocolate was made, I put in some plain, dairy free, coffee creamer. It turned out pretty good.

ChesterV, Dec 3, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. Angie CupcakeQueen

Angie CupcakeQueen Well-Known Member

I use lactose free milk. Sometimes almond milk. There are certain dairy products that are lactose free that I still have to be careful with but otherwise it’s fine.

Angie CupcakeQueen, Dec 3, 2017
  4. Angie CupcakeQueen

cakeontime New Member

Chocolate Truffle Cake-- Needless to say, if you’re a chocolate lover, there’s no better cake that would pamper your taste buds better. I don’t mean to be judgemental, but these are also perfect for Valentine’s Day, as a gift for your partner or your significant half, when you can indulge a little coquetry while enjoying delicious chocolate cake.

cakeontime, Dec 4, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question