How do you store all your recipes?

Reaction score
I know a lot of people use Pinterest, and I think I'm going to start using it for recipes as well. I'll sometimes use Facebook's "share" button whenever a page posts a recipe that I like in order to save it. Or I'll press print screen and save it on my computer. I also have some apps on my iPhone with different recipes, and I sometimes use the notepad in there to jot down my favorites. However, I do need a more permanent method since technology can break down and erase everything so quickly! I think I should resort back to my mom's old technique, recipe cards!

Reaction score
I know a lot of people use Pinterest, and I think I'm going to start using it for recipes as well. I'll sometimes use Facebook's "share" button whenever a page posts a recipe that I like in order to save it. Or I'll press print screen and save it on my computer. I also have some apps on my iPhone with different recipes, and I sometimes use the notepad in there to jot down my favorites. However, I do need a more permanent method since technology can break down and erase everything so quickly! I think I should resort back to my mom's old technique, recipe cards!

I am so addicted to Pinterest! I also like the share button on fb as well.

Reaction score
I store all my recipes in my head.Sometimes I remember sometimes I don't. Whenever I forget a step I just come up with a new recipe and sometimes it's good, and sometimes it tastes like mud that was baked. It all depends on how I'm feeling.

Reaction score
Great question! Mine are mostly in a binder with page protectors and I can 3-hole punch the rest. Otherwise, just in cookbooks. Oh, and the binder has recipe card holder page protectors, and tabs, so that rocks!

Reaction score
I am so addicted to Pinterest! I also like the share button on fb as well.

I'm addicted to Pinterest too. I'd probably run through a lot of ink cartridges if I tried to print out all the recipes I find online, so I'm glad I can just pin them on Pinterest instead of wasting ink.

Reaction score
My recipes are in complete chaos :( We have a cupboard for all of recipe books but then there are also printed recipes, written recipes, recipes pulled out of magazines and all the bookmarks that I have on computer.

I would love to have all the myriad of sheets of recipes organised beautifully but really don't have time to organise them properly at the moment.

The only saving grace at the moment is that the majority of recipes that are used regularly are easy to find.

Reaction score
I'm addicted to Pinterest too. I'd probably run through a lot of ink cartridges if I tried to print out all the recipes I find online, so I'm glad I can just pin them on Pinterest instead of wasting ink.

Oh yes I would too. Right now I am happy with just pinning them and then I go and save them to my docs on my computer. One of these days I am going to splurge and print them all out though!

Reaction score
I do binders, recipe boxes, books, magazines, etc. Lately though I've just been keeping them on my computer. I have some favs that I go back to often.

I love the jars of beans and spices idea!!! yay! This forum rocks! :)

Reaction score
I use to print out and place my recipes in a binder. The folder sides of the binder hold all the recipes I find in magazines and the like. Now I prefer to keep records of my recipes on a wordprocessor program to keep them more organized.

Reaction score
I've gotten so lazy with storing my recipes. I used to have them on cue cards and in binders, but I've drastically changed the way I've eaten since obtaining or creating all of those recipes, they're all collecting dust. All my recipes are now pinned on Pinterest. That's why I REALLY wish they had a more organized way of keeping pins. Until then, I have to carefully label them so I can ctrl F them lol..

Reaction score
I got one of those photo albums that you could slide pictures into. Instead of using it for pictures, I used my graphics editing software on my computer and made visually appealing recipe cards and had them printed at Walgreens. I then organized the book by type of recipe and placed all of the cards in with the right kind of recipe.

I also left some of the empty photo slots at the end of each of the sections so that when I do get a new recipe, all I have to do is pick one of my recipe cards (I saved them as blanks) and type up the recipe. When I get several more to add to my recipe book I have them printed and then place them in the correction sections of my recipe book.

Reaction score
I keep my recipes in a photo album binder. This way, the paper is protected an in an organized fashion. I also can label them easily.

Here's an example of what I mean (extra fancy).

blackalbum.jpg

Reaction score
I Facebook share and Pinterest a lot of recipes, too. In my home, I make recipe cards and put them in a recipe box. The box is green and I have had it since high school. I have lost a few recipes, though. Somehow they get misplaced during the baking process.

Reaction score
I store my recipes on my computer. When I want to try out one then I will print it out. Having the recipes on my computer really helps to keep stuff in order.

Reaction score
I keep all of mine in a 3 ring binder or on the internet. I am trying to get them more organized and ultimately I want to type them all up and organize them by dish.

Reaction score
Right now I have one of those old Tupperware recipe boxes and a spiral notebook with handwritten recipes I have perfected. The recipe box is seeping with recipes, stuffed wherever they get stuffed.

I went and bought one of this smaller scrapbooks, 8x8 I think, a bunch of extra pegs and inserts. I fully intended to type out my recipes and put them I the scrapbook. I've not done it because I want a proper table of contents and that's hard when you are constantly making additions. Writing this, though, made me think I could use lined paper for the time being. But that means I'd actually have it start typing up the recipes.

Reaction score
I'm terrible with hanging on to recipes. What usually happens is I end up with hundreds of them bookmarked in my browser - then every few months I will go through and clear out all of my bookmarks and start fresh. I try to skim over the ones I already saved to see if there are any definite keepers, but I know I'm purging a lot of good ones in the process as well. The problem is I never have the time or resources to try them all out, so they fall by the wayside and get lost.

Reaction score
I remember years ago my mom had a program to keep all these recipes in order; I cannot seem to find a good one these days. I have tried the folder on the desktop, pin interest (I am just starting to learn), the binder with sections you name it. I have all my mom’s old cookbooks that she was willing to part with. I swear one of these days I am going to use my computer degree and make a program :).
I think the hardest thing today is keeping these recipes in order are there are so many more that we see on a daily basis from social networks. I remember my grandmother had a box with these little index cards and that was it.

Reaction score
Oh gosh, I have gone through so many methods of saving recipes ... I think I have used every one of the ideas here already. We have multiple cookbooks, a three ring binder, pdf documents on hard drive, pinterest board, favorites folder on Chrome and papers stuffed into the cookbook my mom hand wrote for me. So, it's a search and stumble method sometimes, but I do have my old faithful recipes and am thus far still blessed with a good visual memory so I can usually remember where to start my search in all of those storage options;).
I am like others who posted here ... can find pretty much any recipe online these days so I start there when I am looking for something new or different.

Reaction score
I used to e-mail them to myself, but now I keep everything on Pinterest. Whenever I need something to bake, I'll just print it off. The recipes that everyone loves are kept in a binder so I don't have to go through the hassle of printing them out again.

Ask a Question