Is it possible for muffins to come out different in taste even if it was made in batter?

Reaction score
Hi! I’m new here, I hope you can help me,
I have been making muffin type of pastries for a while now, and been selling some. I got a weird feedback this morning. The customer said her order of 1 1/2 dozen doesn’t taste the same. The 1/2 dozen tastes bland and the 1 dozen in another box tastes delicious. It was made in one batch along with other orders for that day. Who gave me excellent feedbacks. So here comes my question, Is it possible for muffins to come out different in taste even if it was made from one batch of batter?
I find it weird because the random 6pcs from one batch coincidentally got picked for just that one box?! I hope someone can help me, thank you so much!

**some say it might be the box, but i have been using the same small box ever since I started. So i doubt this.

**I always bake them fresh.

Reaction score
Yes it is possible for the flavor to be different in the batter if you did not mix it enough.

The muffin method is two step: all dry ingredients are mixed in one bowl, all wet ingredients in the second bowl. Then dry ingredients are mixed into the wet ingredients to just combine. The batter is lumpy.

Since the ingredients are not evenly distributed throughout the batter, there can be variation from muffin to muffin.

Reaction score
Yes it is possible for the flavor to be different in the batter if you did not mix it enough.

The muffin method is two step: all dry ingredients are mixed in one bowl, all wet ingredients in the second bowl. Then dry ingredients are mixed into the wet ingredients to just combine. The batter is lumpy.

Since the ingredients are not evenly distributed throughout the batter, there can be variation from muffin to muffin.

Hi thank you for your reply! ☺️ It isn’t your ordinary muffin. It is a mix of a pastry that is buttery but it is still considered as a muffin and it isn’t as dense as a muffin either. I don’t know really why they consider it as a muffin here in my country. the steps to make it aren’t the usual steps for a muffin. Maybe it is a local muffin version here back in old times. It isn’t a lumpy batter either. I have to make sure it doesn’t have lumps maybe closer to a cupcake but not really a cupcake either. So far i asked the other people who got their orders yesterday and also from that same batch they all said it tasted delicious. So yeah just those specific random 6 pcs of pastry. That coincidentally went into one small box.

Reaction score
Hmmm. The first reply was correct. Not scrapping the bowls while adding liquids will give you caca muffins in the last few muffins coming out of the bowl.

Ask a Question