Lemon Oil,extract, emulsion

Reaction score
Question for all the bakers out there what do professionals use for lemon flavoring. I have tried emulsion that worked ok and i have used extract never tried the oil. Whenever I make a recipe that calls for lemon extract says 1 tsp and i taste the batter it never seams like enough.

Reaction score
Question for all the bakers out there what do professionals use for lemon flavoring. I have tried emulsion that worked ok and i have used extract never tried the oil. Whenever I make a recipe that calls for lemon extract says 1 tsp and i taste the batter it never seams like enough.
Zest. If you want the flavor of any citrus fruit to be detectable, use the zest of the fruit. If you do not want the zest to show up in the finished product like in a custard or cream, strain through a tamis.

Reaction score
emulsion is for cake batter , it doesn't water the batter down, tastes cheap.

for commercial use the German Hero brand is excellent compound but expensive. $240 a gallon, only hotels buy this.

American Henry and Henry brand is good but contains strong yellow dye.

lemon was not a popular flavor so I never stocked any, but orange ... we went through a gallon a week.

Reaction score
emulsion is for cake batter , it doesn't water the batter down, tastes cheap.

for commercial use the German Hero brand is excellent compound but expensive. $240 a gallon, only hotels buy this.

American Henry and Henry brand is good but contains strong yellow dye.

lemon was not a popular flavor so I never stocked any, but orange ... we went through a gallon a week.
What orange did you use I wonder what a Chiffon cake would taste like with orange instead of lemon that is what I wanted the lemon extract for

Reaction score
Reaction score
Professional bakers often prefer using a combination of lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, and lemon oil for a robust lemon flavor. Lemon zest provides a bright and aromatic essence, fresh lemon juice adds a tangy freshness, and lemon oil intensifies the flavor without adding extra liquid. Experiment with adjusting the ratios to achieve the desired strength of lemon flavor in your recipes.

Ask a Question