Marshmallow Icing?

How many different flavored frosting do you use?

• Buttercream

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chocolate sauce (or any other sauce)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi Anya! Yes you can! But odds are you will end up needing whipped cream too, as well as some icing sugar. Maybe add some vanilla extract too? But yes, you can definitely make a marshmallow based icing using those base ingredients :)

Reaction score
I never thought of making a frosting out of marshmallows before, but it sounds like a great idea. I am definitely going to try this. I think it would be delicious on a good moist chocolate cake.

Reaction score
I have used mallow creme before and it was pretty good. Also, I saw a recipe where you could take large marshmallows and microwave them for 20 seconds (or according to your microwave's directions.) Whisk it so that it is smooth. Some add egg white's to make it more spreadable but you will want to be careful of raw eggs. Some people do not like cooking with them because of the risk of salmonella poisoning.

Reaction score
I have used mallow creme before and it was pretty good. Also, I saw a recipe where you could take large marshmallows and microwave them for 20 seconds (or according to your microwave's directions.) Whisk it so that it is smooth. Some add egg white's to make it more spreadable but you will want to be careful of raw eggs. Some people do not like cooking with them because of the risk of salmonella poisoning.
ooh eggs... and yes i dont think my mom will allow me to use raw eggs...

Hi Anya! Yes you can! But odds are you will end up needing whipped cream too, as well as some icing sugar. Maybe add some vanilla extract too? But yes, you can definitely make a marshmallow based icing using those base ingredients :)
yay :D but sadly, i can't eat anything with chocolate, cheese or icing sugar until end of March. so this might have to wait.

I never thought of making a frosting out of marshmallows before, but it sounds like a great idea. I am definitely going to try this. I think it would be delicious on a good moist chocolate cake.
yes. agreed. it certainly sounds awesome!!

Ask a Question