white chocolate mud cake

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone tried making nigella lawson’s white choc mud cake? It seems to have very little chocolate and I was wondering what I could do to make it more chocolatey since there’s no white cocoa powder or anything…

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone tried making nigella lawson’s white choc mud cake? It seems to have very little chocolate and I was wondering what I could do to make it more chocolatey since there’s no white cocoa powder or anything…

White chocolate is made with cocoa butter (which is cream) not cocoa solids (which is dark brown) - which is why it is so pale. Cocoa solids are the dark brown element, and cocoa powder is 100% cocoa solids. There is no such thing as white cocoa powder ;) So if you were to add cocoa powder to this cake, it would become a regular chocolate cake and not a white chocolate cake.

If you want to increase the amount of white chocolate, then your best bet would be to use more white chocolate to decorate it with - for example, chocolate buttons on the top would look lovely :)

Reaction score
I love white chocolate, but a little of it goes a long way for me. Too much makes whatever I'm cooking too rich and sweet. I like Becky's idea of adding in some chocolate after the fact, so it doesn't overpower the white chocolate. I might drizzle some chocolate over the top in a thin lacy pattern, just enough to add a punch of the flavor.

Reaction score
Well I have never used white chocolate and generally don't have chocolate around. Reading this thread serves as a kind of education for me and forces me do some more research as well.

Reaction score
Haven't tried it - but I love white chocolate. I've tried other recipes from Nigella Lawson before and they've all turned out well, so I imagine based on that, that she tests her recipes well and they're pretty reliable!

Ask a Question