National Cheese Souffle Day - May 18

Reaction score
Does anyone celebrate national food holidays? I don't but I thought I would ask and also point out that today is national cheese souffle day. Is anyone going to make a cheese souffle? I won't but maybe when another baked food day comes I'll make whatever food it is during the week of and post some pictures. Maybe we can make it a normal thing on the forum. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
I totally support this idea! We need to celebrate more, make things a little more fun (but cheese souffles, eek!). We only really remember Pancake Day. We should have a list for reference.

Reaction score
Oh man! I didn't read this and now it is too late. I LOVE the idea. Thanks for thinking of it. A soufflé is really hard to make so such practice days are a great motivations to keep improving on our skill. I have never made one, but I have made other types of soufflés; my favorite being chocolate.

Reaction score
I have never celebrated any food days, but I think it's a wonderful idea! On that day we can cook something special related to the day and invite our friends to make it as a real holiday.

Reaction score
May 1 was Chocolate Parfait Day? Yes please! And May 19 was World Baking Day, so a belated happy foodie-holiday everybody!

There's a lot of interesting information on this site. It is definitely not for the weak of heart or people on diets. Thanks for posting this, Shortbread92.

Reaction score
No problem. I'm glad that I found the website and that it was useful to someone. I hope it will inspire a lot of people to try some different things that they haven't done before. I won't make it in time for Blueberry Cheesecake Day on May 26 but I'm definitely going to try that one.

Ask a Question