Non stodgy no bake fudge recipe?

Reaction score
Is there actually a no-bake fudge recipe out there that actually works? Every time i try this, it just goes to a runny mess and never turns solid or only half turns solid.

If anyone's actually successfully tried this, could you share the secret?

Many thanks!

Reaction score
What do you mean by 'non-stodgy'? I can't imagine a non-stodgy fudge! ;)

My hubby has made fudge before from just condensed milk and melted chocolate - you literally just melt them together and pour into a container to set. It should be half and half in terms of quantities. He also did a chocolate orange one by just adding orange essence, which was gorgeous!

Reaction score
Ohh, i don't know what i was thinking. I meant non-runny haha.

That sounds pretty good though, did you stick it in the fridge, or did it just set? The chocolate orange one sounds like heaven!

Reaction score
I used to have many disasters with fudge, the best thing that worked for me was getting a sugar thermometer. Took all the guess work out of things and there is kind of a fine line between temperature of fudge and toffee.

I have a very easy recipe that just uses milk, sugar, butter and vanilla (these tend to be ingredients that we usually have in the house). If you would like details, just let me know.

Reaction score
I used to have many disasters with fudge, the best thing that worked for me was getting a sugar thermometer. Took all the guess work out of things and there is kind of a fine line between temperature of fudge and toffee.

I have a very easy recipe that just uses milk, sugar, butter and vanilla (these tend to be ingredients that we usually have in the house). If you would like details, just let me know.

Ah, that could be why, i just guess really to save time. And that would be great if you could, thanks!

Reaction score
Ohh, i don't know what i was thinking. I meant non-runny haha.

That sounds pretty good though, did you stick it in the fridge, or did it just set? The chocolate orange one sounds like heaven!

Ah I see! We set the fudge in the fridge, and it had a really smooth non-crystal texture. YUM! :D

Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't for the life of me remember where I got this, so unfortunately can't credit it properly :(

Vanilla Fudge

Ingredients
300ml (1/2 pint) fresh milk

450g (1lb) granulated sugar
100g (4oz) butter

2.5ml (1/2tsp) vanilla essence

Instructions
Slowly boil the milk.
Add sugar and butter.
Heat slowly, stirring all the time, until the sugar dissolves.
Bring to the boil, cover pan with a lid and boil for 2 minutes.
Uncover and continue to boil steadily, stirring occasionally.
Once it reaches 116C (240F) remove from heat.
Stir in vanilla essence and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
Stir the fudge until it begins to lose its gloss and starts to thicken.
Transfer to a greased 18cm (7 inch) square tin.
Leave to cool.
Eat :)

Reaction score
Thank you! That one also sounds good as well. I'm going to try making some tomorrow.

Reaction score
Is there actually a no-bake fudge recipe out there that actually works? Every time i try this, it just goes to a runny mess and never turns solid or only half turns solid.

If anyone's actually successfully tried this, could you share the secret?

Many thanks!

I've also had good luck with melting chocolate and combining it with condensed milk. Eagle is the best brand to use for condensed milk. Hershey's chocolate chips are the best to use for the chocolate. You can substitute other brands of chocolate chips but it won't be as good as using the Hershey's brand.
Also, don't make the mistake of using evaporated milk in place of condensed milk. Trust me; it makes a big difference.

Reaction score
This has been my family's go to recipe since I can remember: http://www.marshmallowfluff.com/pages/never_fail_fudge.html. You can substitute any kind of chips in it. We make chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch, and white chocolate every year. The best though is when make a batch of peanut butter, pour it in the pan and let it set and then make a batch of chocolate and pour it on top and then let it set again. It's amazing.

Ask a Question