Organized baker??

Reaction score
I tend to stay away from baking and cooking in general because the clean up afterwards is just so daunting!!

Anyone have tips on staying/keeping organized while in the kitchen to help avoid the huge mess???

Reaction score
I always get my ingredients assembled before starting anything. I measure out all of my ingredients and put away the containers that they come in right away. I turn on my oven to preheat and get my pans ready by greasing them if necessary. I run a sink full of dish water with soap so that I can drop dirty dishes right into the sink and not let them take up kitchen counter space. After the goodies are in the oven I get started right away on the dishes that are waiting for me in the sink.

Reaction score
I get everything out and ready first as well. I don't measure everything out first, but I have occasionally, it does make things easier. But as I use them, I put them away immediately. After that it's just a wipe down and some dishes.

Reaction score
I too get everything ready first. I am a messy baker for sure, but at least my small amount of counterspace is cleared of already measured items. And I too clean up while my items are baking.

Reaction score
Organization? While cooking? Is that a thing? Haha, no I have no organization, I just try my hardest to clean up and tidy something away the very moment I have a chance and don't need it any more. I find it helpsto split things into stuff you need to prepare and things you need to cook. like I put the flour, eggs, butter and milk away once I'm done with prep but keep the oil out to cook.

Ask a Question