Pie Crusts

Reaction score
I always made it from scratch.. never had pre made crust before and i dont think it sell on the market here.. :(

so, my recipe:
150 grams flour
margarine 60 grams
butter 30 grams
1 tbsp full cream powder
1 small egg yolk
15 grams powder sugar
mix all ingredients.. this recipe approx for 6 mini tart crust.. the reason why i didnt use all butter but mix it with margarine because i need more firm crust and not too crunchy.. sometimes i didnt use butter at all..
but i'm still amateur here and need to learn more.. but so far that recipe work for me :)

egg tart, fruit tart, and avocado mousse tart
P_20150817_175640_1-640x379.jpg
P_20151110_174507_LL-640x480.jpg
P_20160207_113623_1-640x584.jpg

Attachments

• P_20160207_113623_1.jpg
    P_20160207_113623_1.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 369
Reaction score
I have no scales Rainbow :) but I need a new pie crust recipe,I need to be making a better pie crust,one that is ya'lls go to great pie crust recipe lol and I do mean your best one :)

and sadly one that doesn't need a set of scales and yes I live in the States :cool:

Reaction score
I have no scales Rainbow :) but I need a new pie crust recipe,I need to be making a better pie crust,one that is ya'lls go to great pie crust recipe lol and I do mean your best one :)

and sadly one that doesn't need a set of scales and yes I live in the States :cool:

Oh, sorry..
i try to convert my recipe for you:

1C+1Tbsp flour : you can use all purpose flour OR mix half and half of all purpose flour and pastry flour/low protein flour
Margarine 2 oz or 1/2 stick (assuming there is 4 oz in a stick)
Butter 1 oz or 1/4 stick
1 up to 1.5 Tbsp full cream milk powder
1 small egg yolk
2 Tbsp powder sugar (reduce if its too sweet.. but its perfect for me since i have sweet tooth.. lol)

mix all ingredients.. no need to add any water.. just keep knead until it firm.. and i didnt put it on fridge because i'm impatient.. but dont over knead and work as fast as you can do so the butter not melt in your hand.. lol.. hth

Last edited:
Reaction score
thanks Rainbow I will give that a try,what is full cream powder ? I have some instant non fat dry milk,is that the same ? just plain powdered milk I guess is what I call it

Reaction score
thanks Rainbow I will give that a try,what is full cream powder ? I have some instant non fat dry milk,is that the same ? just plain powdered milk I guess is what I call it

you're welcome :)
full cream milk powder is just dry milk (with fat).. i think it enrich the flavor because of that fat :) but idk.. i never tried using non fat dry milk :)

Reaction score
That sounds intriguing! They certainly look lovely, what does it taste like?

Thank you! It taste like avocado smoothies (almost like that) with crust.. lol..
it just avovado puree mix with whipping cream and milk and sugar and then add some gelatine.. and grated some chocolate on the top..
It is good but not my favorite.. :D

Reaction score
could I substitute the cream milk powder whip heavy cream instead?

I never tried it before..
you can omit the full cream powder btw..
actually, my first recipe without full cream powder.. and it turn out ok too.. but then i try to add a little bit of milk powder (since i love milky) :D

Reaction score
thanks Rainbow,so use the non fat stuff since that is what is on hand ?

Yes, it will work too (but still full cream is better!! milky!!) lol.. but non fat/skim milk powder can be use too ;)
Goodluck and tell me what you think of this recipe ^^

Reaction score
I'm in the mood for a pie :) now what kind to make is the decision,

egg tart and fruits tart (with fla inside) is my favorite :D
i'm wondering about brownies pie.. have you tried it?? it looks so pretty on google.. hehehe

Reaction score
it is going to be a pumpkin pie :) I just set out the filling to thaw ,the other half of the disaster pie lol

Reaction score
i'm using this recipe,I'm short of eggs and it is snowing heavily :)

http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/2092/butter-pie-crust

i've treated this the same as biscuit dough and broke up the butter by hand,after a few smashes with the pastry cutter,I think I should have chilled the butter more,but we shall see

hmmm I should have turned the stove on too lol the dough will keep in the fridge though

Last edited:
Reaction score
I baked it for 4 minutes before i added the filling,I was having a hard time with the size of the crust,so I added 1/4 of the remaining dough,so we shall see what happens,here are some pictures,the first one is after the 4 minutes

002.JPG
003.JPG
005.JPG

Reaction score
and I do need a video showing me how to successfully flip a pie crust off the cutting board into a pie pan :),,my silcone roller was sticking and it seems I'm having a problem judging how much crust to use in my 1 pie pan and yes it is deep dish

hmmm this probably should be in the pumpkin pie thread :) well dang,I've had the temperature set wrong,I need it at 350 so that means the knob needs to be at 375 and it was set to 350 lol

so i'm baking it a few more minutes

Last edited:
Reaction score
here it is,it is still bubbling so it will be a long while till a taste test happens,the crust edges do look a lot better

007.JPG
008.JPG

it does have a small black spot on it :)

Reaction score
why didn't the crust stay up higher ? it has shrunk from where I put it in the pan,but i didn't get any to stay up high

Ask a Question