Pie Crusts

Reaction score
this is weird,I've never had a pie crust that is pulling away from the pan before,while it is cooling,here is another picture

001.JPG
002.JPG

I hope that you can see the difference as I can ,the pie is still warm so it has a long way to go yet lol

Reaction score
Sorry that it pulling away from your pan :(.. i dont know what happened.. i never had that problem before..
and i read that you're not using my recipe right? o_O

here is a pic of mine before and after:
Screenshot_2016-02-15-17-20-12_1.jpg

after bake:
Screenshot_2016-02-15-17-20-37_1.jpg

But i always use mini pan.. i dont know the result if using large pan.. so maybe my recipe might not work for you too?? i dont know :(

Reaction score
oh and btw, why did you pre bake your crust? why not bake them all together with the filling?? just curious.. lol

with egg tart i bake them all together..
with fruits tart and mousse i bake the crust only..

Reaction score
i didn't use your recipe because i have 2 eggs and I am snowed in lol i haven't tried the pumpkin pie yet so it may be a good thing :)

Reaction score
lol! i see...
i haven't tried making pumpkin pie too.. your pie looks so delicious btw.. ;)
if you remove it from pan people wouldn't know if its shrink ;)

Reaction score
that is true and my non stick pie pan is slowly getting scratched up,i probably should have went with a steel one instead

well the pumpkin part isn't hard,all i did was follow directions on the can

it does make me wonder why it shrunk ooh will your recipe cover a 10 inch deep dish pie pan ? i had problems with the recipe I used and got mad and took a hunk out of the other half that had been in the freezer and had to add it,to get enough dough for the pan :) and it was awful stiff too lol but i got it kneaded in and rolled out again,then back in the pan,so who knows what all might have went wrong

and yes I am challenged as how to get the dough off a cutting board and into a pie pan also,with out problems happening,no matter how much flour i lay down :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
ummm.. I didnt know if my recipe will hold 10 inch pan or not.. i didnt have big pan yet..
I always love to tweak my recipe before so working on small pan is easy for me to not wasting much ingredients.. :)

Here is a video who inspired me back then.. for crust its always 1:2 for butter and flour proportion.. then i tweak a little :p

Reaction score
I'm not good enough to be tweaking my baking recipes yet rainbow :) that young man did make it look easy and they looked great

Reaction score
well the crust was tuff as nails lol it was,it was actually hard to cut with a knife,I could just lift it out of the pie pan and it didn't break lol

I guess I over worked the dough when I got the extra out of the freezer and worked it into the other :) it was stiff when i got it out of the freezer and then i tried to work it in the all ready warm worked dough

hmmm i either need to get a regular sized pie pan or start making double the mix for my deep dish pan or make sure the crust recipe says for a deep dish one :)

I did eat it any way,just think of hard crackers while chewing the crust :)

Reaction score
well the crust was tuff as nails lol it was,it was actually hard to cut with a knife,I could just lift it out of the pie pan and it didn't break lol

I guess I over worked the dough when I got the extra out of the freezer and worked it into the other :) it was stiff when i got it out of the freezer and then i tried to work it in the all ready warm worked dough

hmmm i either need to get a regular sized pie pan or start making double the mix for my deep dish pan or make sure the crust recipe says for a deep dish one :)

I did eat it any way,just think of hard crackers while chewing the crust :)

what?? really?? your recipe use all butter right??

when i used all butter my crust always easy to break (too fragile i mean) thats why i mix it with margarine.. to make it more firm and not fragile..

hmmm.. idk why yours became so hard like that.. maybe like you said its over knead.. hmmm.. idk :(:(:(

Reaction score
when I say butter I'm actually using margarine,unless the recipe calls for unsalted butter and this one wasn't easy to break at all,I think i had it way over worked to begin with and then adding the cold from the freezer dough didn't help matters at all :)

Reaction score
when I say butter I'm actually using margarine,unless the recipe calls for unsalted butter and this one wasn't easy to break at all,I think i had it way over worked to begin with and then adding the cold from the freezer dough didn't help matters at all :)

oh! lol
then mix it with butter.. lol
butter make it crisp..
i use all margarine and have no problem btw ;)

Reaction score
it has been a fight lol I want to improve over the oil based one,but it is also very easy to make and not bade at all

Reaction score
I still use the recipe from my old cookbook. I have had shortening in the house lately, and the recipe calls for it. There are only a few ingredients, and this is the recipe for a one-crust pie.

1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c shortening or lard
3 to 4 tbsp cold water

In mixing bowl, stir together flour and salt. Cut in shortening or lard until pieces are size of small peas. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of the water over part of the mixture; gently toss with fork. Push to side of bowl. Repeat until all is moistened. Form dough into a ball. On lightly floured surface flatten dough with hands. Roll dough from center to edge, forming a circle about 12" in diameter. Wrap pastry around rolling pin. Unroll onto a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim to 1/2" beyond plate edge; fold extra pastry under. Flute or roll edge if you desire. Do not prick pastry.

If you're going to pre-bake the crust, prick the pastry on bottom and sides. Bake in 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until golden, cool on wire rack before filling.

Reaction score
will that fill a deep dish pie pan Diane ? I only have the one :)

I'm not sure if I should have pre baked it at all

Ask a Question