Sandra Lee cupcake recipe

Reaction score
So, I found this recipe online after watching an episode of Sandra Lee's Semihomemade. I couldn't find the can of dulce de leche in the store. Does anyone know of a good substitution for it? Or, those with Albertsons, Safeways and Smiths know if it is carried in the stores? Thanks in advance!!! :)
It looks really good and easy to make if I can just figure out how to get that ingredient or a sub for it. :)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/g/go/gol/gold/golden-caramel-cupcakes-recipe.html

Reaction score
Thanks!!! I went to a different grocery store today and found the canned stuff so I was super happy. But thanks for taking the time to find and post for me. :)
Of course, I forgot to buy the cake mix!! Lol!! I'll have to go back to the store one of these days. :)
I'll let you know how they turn out.

Reaction score
If you have a pressure cooker, I've heard you can also make it in one of those too. You can see the recipe and steps at this web site:

http://www.divyascookbook.com/2011/02/how-to-make-dulce-de-leche.html

I haven't tried it myself though, to know how it would compare to some of the other methods - but I'm guessing part of the reason you are having trouble finding it is because there are a number of easy and inexpensive ways to make it yourself from canned condensed milk.

I'm curious though, since you mentioned you found it in your store - was it much more than a regular can of condensed milk?

Reaction score
Sorry - I don't remember how much it was; or if it was more than the regular. :0
I was just so excited to find it that I didn't pay attention to the price!! LOL
I don't have a pressure cooker.
Just glad to have found it at the store.
I'll let everyone know - once I get a chance to make them - how they turn out. :)
Thanks for the suggestions.

Ask a Question