Storing of baked goods!

Reaction score
I keep my bread in the freezer up to 3 months, but I think you can go as long as 6 months with it. I was always showed at the fact that it does not thaw out soggy because of the ice crystals that form on it, but that has never been a problem with the bread I have frozen.

Reaction score
Yes, freezing it is a great way to store it because bread mold will strike a home made bread in 6-7 days, perhaps less depending on climate.

To freeze bread, wrap in two layers for the best insulation. You can use plastic wrap and freezer paper, or plastic wrap and foil if you don't have freezer paper.

Reaction score
You can definitely freeze it! I just throw it in the refrigerator once I'm ready to use it and let it thaw that way. I wrap it in plastic wrap and then I put it in a ziploc bag!

Reaction score
In my country freezing isn't a big thing but it seems to be catching on. I have a sister living abroad and when she talks about the length of time she keeps things in the freezer I am amazed.

Whenever she returns home she will take lots of homemade baking and things that are unique to home back with her. She shares with friends and whatever remains she keeps in the freezer for as long as possible.

The little baking I have done overtime does not require freezing as it is eaten up in a flash.

Reaction score
I will even freeze store bought baked goods if I find them on sale. I am not much of a bread Baker so I buy a lot of sandwich bread all at once and then store it in the freezer. Makes my life a lot easier. I also just baked a bunch of muffins so I separated them into bags and placed those in the freezer as well. The freezer helps when I decide to do mass bakathons.

Reaction score
I think you can, but without the aid of preservatives you probably won't be able to keep it for very long. It's never really a problem with me and my fiancé because we eat it so fast :p You may be better off making the dough, wrap it up real good and then freeze it. That way when you want some fresh bread, just defrost the dough and bake it!

Reaction score
Because homemade bread is actually good for you and not full of preservatives, it molds at a much higher rate then store bread does. Mine often molds in 5-7 days depending on the temperature and humidity level in the house. To keep this from happening you can store what you are using in the refrigerator and you can also store extra bread in the freezer.

Reaction score
You can definitely freeze bread. I freeze both homemade and store bought bread as well as tortillas. They taste fine when they thaw out.

Ask a Question