Strawberry and Ricotta Tarts

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what to call them. To me, they're tartlets, or small tarts. I made them the other day, with homemade ricotta and chopped strawberries
tartlets pic 1.jpg
tartlets pic2.jpg
tartlets pic 3.jpg
tartlets pic4.jpg
inside. I used pie crust, but will use a lighter dough next time, probably a phyllo or other puff pastry. I used an egg wash, and sprinkled them with red sugar crystals before baking in a 350 oven for around 15 minutes on the lower rack. I just put a small amount of the filling. The recipe I was using as a base for my concoction was quite a bit different from what I ended up with, since I changed the dough, filling and cheese. In the original recipe, she placed the cheese on the dough, then added a bit of raspberry, so that's what I did, but next time I will mix the fruit and cheese together prior to adding them to the dough. I had sweetened the chopped strawberries with a bit of sugar and let them sit for a few hours in the fridge before using. after I added the cheese and fruit to the dough, I folded the edges over the way I do with dumplings.

Reaction score
I love how these turned out - they look really good! I like making things like this, with store bought phyllo - I find it so easy to work with and it's wonderful for sweet or savory pastry treats! I really like doing cheese and spinach phyllo pastry squares like that - they're yummy!

Reaction score
I love how these turned out - they look really good! I like making things like this, with store bought phyllo - I find it so easy to work with and it's wonderful for sweet or savory pastry treats! I really like doing cheese and spinach phyllo pastry squares like that - they're yummy!

I will definitely use phyllo or something similar in the future. Also, your cheese and spinach phyllo pastry squares sound delicious. What kind of cheese do you use? I love spinach, but have never used it in this type of recipe.

Ask a Question